1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with my stupid husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Flyingsparks, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

thanks tashidelek for ur support..but it's not so easy to come out of a marriage..i already tried..the more i try to get out of it..the more i am getting deeper..

it's like....When you fall in a swamp ..the more you wriggle to get out of it, the deeper you get sunk..your attempt to get out of it by yourself is the biggest mistake & is making you vulnerable...

2. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

I don't have much to say................ but in future if there are fights try not to use cuss words against each other's parents..........if he says something bad about your parents, just don't react, and don't at all answer back and say the same thing about his parents.............he will eventually understand and not drag your parents into your verbal fights.

Work hard for your exam, and become financially independant.

Things don't look very bad from what you have described, this man just has a king size male ego...............after you earn your own money, he will cool down abit...............and i'm sure you guys will be able to sort out things.

Good Luck

1 person likes this.
  3. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

Maybe Your DH is insecure of you I think, since you are in USA, getting a job makes a woman much more independent and get a lot of self confidence, maybe he does not like it.

Excuse me if I ask this, but do you think your DH has someone else in his life who seems to be obviously more important that you. Fights between husbands and wives are okay till they are in limit. if he constantly asks you to leave the house, there is something more to the story. :hide:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

OP, please focus on your exams. Not sure where your parents are but if they are in US, go stay with them for a while. I think if you call his bluff, he will come back to you. Next time, if says about divorce, just tell him let's go ahead with it. He will get scared. If not, he may have something or the other going on and wanted a divorce anyway.

5. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,
    my hugs to u, ur DH is extremely insecure and this is the reason behind his behaviour.

The next time he tells u to get out of the house.. jus calculate the expenses u made towards him, ask him to return ur jewellery.. tell him that u worked at home to get ur food.. so jus return my things and ill go happily

6. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

@ akanksha & attentive girl...i don't think he has somebody else in his life..mostly no....his dear Mom is enough in our lives to create wreck & havoc..(read my prev threads)..

it's all about to control..& he,his family are still living in ancient age..they neither want to change move on nor let me move on & change..

yes, they want a change in me but backwards(i don't know the apt word .. Ok 'regress' if i am right )..

i am sure & prettywell know that my mil doesn't want me to work..dh wants me to work coz for obvious reasons ..but offlate i am noticing that he is not too keen about it..as everybody said , he is insecure..I am smelling this., i may be wrong...

they & especially him are so politically correct & utilize their king size ego, extreme god complex to suppress me ...they have been trying hard..if i don't react, they keep pushing the buttons..it always goes to...ur not making any money, so sit quiet..u din't bring much dahej blah blah blah..some point or the other...

7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

After reading your post, I think he did it deliberately to provoke you and fight with you and finally he wanted you to lose your peace of mind and concentration in your exams and I guess he succeeded. What happened has happened, why are you thinking about it again and again. Prepare for your exams well. Also don't come to this thread or this forum for a while. Don't check this thread again n again and waste your time. It makes you remember about this incident. You just can not forget about it when you visit this thread again n again. Advices, ideas etc etc from all of us, keep it aside. THINK and study hard for your exams. Once you start earning, then you can think about what you may say to him or what not. All the best for your exams. Be strong.

2 people like this.
  8. chvr

chvr New IL'ite

Did u clear all ur usmle parts?