1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boring husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sadhana14, Jan 9, 2014.

1. sadhana14

sadhana14 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Has anyone faced this problem?
    My husband is so boring...
    He thinks he is in a different plane altogether ,considers being loving with wife,having pet names and going out and enjoying as stupid and immature.He makes fun of other husbands who laugh and enjoy life.

He prefers satisfying his intellectual superior brain in educational videos,reading on latest software,watching sports etc.He is just one year elder than me and he was like this from day one of marriage.The only reason we even talk is because i ask him something,i tested this by not talking to him for 1 full day.He didnt initiate a conversation that day..What i really hate is that he genuinely thinks he is superior to all other ordinary people by behaving this way..
    Been suffering this way for 7 years.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Intellectual men should never marry and subject themselves to such humiliation(boring...).

(Intellectual men like, Sokanasanah)

3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Sadhana u have already crossed 7 years like this.. so by now u shud be able to give tips to others who face similar pbm.. :p jus kidding yaar.. anyway ur husband has been in a different world right from the beginning whereas the others gradually turn out to be like dat in years time.. :-D

2 people like this.
  4. NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia New IL'ite

How is he with people around him? Is he able to initiate conversations comfortably with people? Or does he generally avoid people?

5. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

Maybe you should start having intellectual conversations with him, i.e if you already arent doing it. Women tend to have more casual talks than men. I wont say to go out of your way and talk something that you dont enjoy, just find something that you both can talk. Than maybe he'll realise he found something new in you. :) :)

6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

No, he is not boring. He sounds boorish!
    Usually people who make fun of others for having a good time or mark themselves as being superior are those who lack social skills. Does he have friends? Does he engage in any activity with others? How does he manage at work? It would be a good idea to sit down and talk with him-how on earth does one live with such an inflated ego?
    He probably feels insecure about how he fares in the real world..and deals with it by belittling others for being 'ordinary'...sitting at home, watching TV or playing games is absolutely fine as long as he doesn't use it to avoid social interactions. Besides, if he doesn't initiate interactions even with you there must be something a bit off kilter there. Do check it out.

4 people like this.
  7. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hmm... He certainly sounds boring.

To handle these kind of pals, you have to go to their track and make them understand.

You said he watches sports, educational videos and learns software. Try doing any one by yourself and get comfortable. Also you should make him know that you are also doing these activities. He will automatically initiate conversation one way or other. Try this.

8. ssrr

ssrr New IL'ite

I think u deserve a patience award for bearing and adjusting to him for 7 long yrs.Mine is the just opposite. My DH is such a talkative n outgoing person that though i enjoy its positive side there are big set of negatives that come with it :( i think it is a grt luck or blessing to get both

9. sadhana14

sadhana14 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot friends for the advises and suggestions..
    Yes as many of you pointed out he is not a very social person but doesnt have a problem enjoying with college friends.In fact when we first got married ,on weekends he will be with his friends and me watching tv at home.

He hasnt made a single friend apart from his college friends and finds fault with everyone.

As for interacting with him on an intellectual basis iam equally if not more intelligent than him and can converse on any subject on earth.But on many occasions try to downplay it thinking that it might make him like me more..
    I guess i have to just accept this for the rest of my life...

10. sadhana14

sadhana14 New IL'ite

Hi again,

I just have another doubt,just want to know whether iam over expecting..
    My hubby never sympathizes with me when iam sick,when i have heavy periods, or when iam depressed over anything.He just ignores me royally on those days.Mostly on my second day of periods i dont have much to eat as iam too sick to cook.

Are all husbands like that?
    I just want to be babied in my life once in a while and no one has ever done this for me..