1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right age to enrol the kids for any class

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Apr 8, 2013.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends
    My kids are going to be 3 yrs this month. I believe my daughter has a good voice when I hear here singing nursery rhymes I feel like enrolling her in a music class but is 3 yrs early ?
    Which acc to you is the right age to enrol kids for any classes like dance , instruments , music etc ? ...
    Please reply
    Thanks
    Ramya

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

i am with so much curiosity inquired with a music teacher 5 months ago (my daughter is going to be 4 years this july), at that time she told me that for anything, age 5 is the best age. so she asked me to come and join in this vijayadasami for vocal.
    Even a dance teacher when i asked her last year said the same thing. Many of them are enrolling earlier itself but the problem is all of them cannot understand the nuances in it. So for better understanding the right age is 4.5 or 5. Till that time let her listen to the audio cd's or join any sloka classes nearby to train her the patience first.
    Anyways all the best for your kids future endeavors!

3 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Bhucat because when i had approached a music institute they too told me 5years is the most appropriate age

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ramya, if you think your DD is speaking and singing well, its better to take her to the teacher and see what the professional thinks. Usually the rule is 5 years but if the child exceptionally good, teachers enroll their kids sooner too.

5. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

I agree with Rakhii... If your dd sings well, take her to a professional institution. They will be able to help you whether she can start learning music now itself.

My son sings well and was showing so much interest in piano, so i took him to a professional institute few months back to check whether he is ready to start learning piano. The teacher over there did some initial screening and told he could start. My son is 4.1/2 years now and he is doing really well.

You could also give it a try.

Regards,
    Ansu

6. puppa

puppa New IL'ite

hi all,

I want to enroll my daughter for music class. she is 4.3 now i am completely nil in music knowledge. can anybody tell me the difference of carnatic music and hindustani music.

which is the best one to learn?carnatic and hindustani?