1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

General Multivitamin tablet

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ashyprynia, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ashyprynia

ashyprynia Bronze IL'ite

hello ladies,
    Please suggest me a good multivitamin tablet which can be used for 10 years.
    What have you used for your kids at this age ?

When I asked the doctor he said there is no need and suggested Zincovit syrup, but now it seems to be boring taste for my kid.

Is there anything better ??? Please suggest.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

your doctor is right. When there is everything that is packed in nature's basket just let your kids explore them & gain. At young age their body is capable of absorbing as well as producing. Hence never spoon feed and make their body lazy. Give them healthy diet and you inspire them to adapt a healthy living as well as eating habit with routine exercise to warm up the body for the day.

3. ashyprynia

ashyprynia Bronze IL'ite

hmmm.....even then....sometimes we just cant provide them with the healthy required doasage of the essential vitamins,proteins,minerals. Atleast alternative days and small multivitamin will help in the long run.
    I am worried 'coz we as parents got grey hairs pretty early, spectacles, and stuff like that...........so we dont want our kids to feel weak, deficient and so on....

4. swahini

swahini Senior IL'ite

Frankly, I would teach mindfulness instead. I think you will get more bang for the buck by teaching them to control their mind (read stress) than pushing synthetic forms of multivitamins in their bodies.

We need to straighten up ourselves (of bad food habits) to teach the kids good eating habits. Since DS has autism and takes many things literally, we had to change our lifestyle completely, to teach him how model parents we are. We fell off the tracks many a times, but still we try to hang in there. We got our habits under control, started doing yoga, exercise etc. We eat only good foods. If he wants to eat Maggi, we eat salad next to him (and make his life miserable, who is eating healthy food?) etc.

1 person likes this.
  5. queenie29

queenie29 Silver IL'ite

Tablets and food supplements are never good, only when we are not in a position to eat (because of illness) thats when we go for tablets.
    so please avoid the habit of having tablets especially as food supplements

1 person likes this.
  6. ashyprynia

ashyprynia Bronze IL'ite

ok....i agree with you guys......

I also want to hear from those mothers who are giving supplements.....just mention.