1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Chore I do not like

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, May 15, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Vandhana dear
    I truly wish I was staying closer to help.. this time you are excused.. shredding is difficult.. mainly the clean up and removing of the shreddedpapers.. Knowing you I am sure you have everything under control:)

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear AC,

I am really amzed by your DH and SS's DH doing the ironing..................my dh says he doesn't know period. that's it so promptly I send all the things to Dhobi who is just opposite to my house. Don't ask of the bills please.

3. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear AC

As so many of the ILites have written the chores that i do not like keeps changing accoding to the time of the day and my mind frame! I hate clearing and sorting out the cupboards especially the ones with clothes, but suppose there was some melodious music playing in the background and i can finish what i start without upteen interuptions then it might not be so bad. Same for ironing, cooking and the rest of the chores that we seem to be stuck with on a daily basis. But right now as of this day and moment, the toughest and most irritating is feeding my 2 1/2 yr old who seems to have taken a dislike to the mere mention, sight, smell and taste of all food itemsRant

luv jay.

4. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi,
    I guess the top most in my list will be cleaning-aka- dusting and this one chore has always led me into major crisis. Few days I will psotpone and it will be weeks and suddenly one day early morning will be ashamed of myself and just start off cleaning and dusting and suddenly time flies and after a few hours will have all as in whole family hovering around me all hungry each asking why do you have to do all this today why not some other day. On that day I will take a vow (I will think this time it should be really a strong vow not something I would give up easily). and as always it ends up the same way.
    Now I have evolved a new plan by which I do one shelf and only one shelf each day. I guess I am improving not to the full satifaction but still there is a slight improvement as when done daily all the places get cleaned and not much of a strain. This I meticulously follw for my refrigirator so it reamains clean all the time.
    Incidentally my maid servant is allergic to dust.
    uma

5. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Madam
    A very nice article about chore you dont like. I too dont like many jobs i have to do in home. Sometimes I will take interest, because of jolly mood and do the jobs well. But if I think "it is a chore" I get bored. Only one job I never like, even in good mood and that is mopping floor.
    yours sincerely
    swarnalata

6. Anandchitra

Lallu my friend
    Didnt you know the FIRST TRICK in the book ?????Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh
    Thats what MEN say they dont know.. to wash dishes, iron clothes, cook, clean and MORE..
    Dont fall for this sweetie.. teach him a thing or two (just kidding.. pl take in right way:)

7. Anandchitra

My friend
    Your task is easier than u think:) just smile and play and be relaxed.. trust me it will work out with the cutie shweetie toodler of yours ! I used to show the moon , birds, and everything else at that age.. they just love to play and eat sometimes.. not to worry.. but about cleaning the cupboards.. no such luck:)

8. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

hi
    i hate folding clothes and arranging them in a cupboard

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

Good one.

Do u know scientists in America have reasearched, that untidy people like, are very intelligent than tidy people.and i belong to yr category, not of intelligence, but of untidiness.Even i cant find things when i need them.

I bought Baleno and had 4 free services, but misplaced the booklet and got paid ones done.

I bouhgt a new AC, same thing,lost the booklets of free services.

I dont forget Indus thought, thank God for thatBig LaughSo not to worry,relax.REgards.kamal

10. Anandchitra

Dear Kamal
    This is a once in a life time opportunity... about the research I mean.. Never knew that untidy people were also intelligent.. so with that inference :ideawhy dont we both call ourselves Intelligent toooo.. otherwise there is no hope for me..
    Now that I know this link I have a new found motivation to be more untidy and also misplace things.. so glad you wrote..