Starting a Beauty Parlour at home

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by seeder, Apr 10, 2013.

1. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

Re: Beauty Parlour

@ kanvitha
    I do a variety of facial massages and treatments depending on the skin type and skin condition. I have a lot of selective stuff which I bought over here and in India......only trying to use the best. For ex. I got multani mitti (fullers earth) and sandalwood powder from India knowing I would get the best over there, where as I bought cleansers and creams over here ( aveeno, neutrogena, etc) knowing it would be best the product for the skin. Remember, when it comes to your skin especially facial, always go for the quality more than the quantity.
    Also you don't always need creams for facials you can do a fresh fruit facial depending on your skin type and a fresh fruit mask to follow with.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. rpriya2129

rpriya2129 New IL'ite

hi seeder,
    just came across ur post....i too am planning to start a parlour at home with more or less the theripes u r doing. i just wanted some advice on how did u actually start...i mean...did u advertise or something....i just finished a beautician course in india now im here in uk and dont no what to do...:\
    any adivice would be much appreciated :)

thanks

3. jiya25

jiya25 New IL'ite

Hi anyone from london here?

4. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

@priya.....congratulations on your new venture.....n sorry for the late reply... Currently in India for vacation. No advices only a friendly chat here coz I ain't that great or big. Honestly, I did not advertise at all.... All I did was send an email to a few of my friends and aquaintances ( only ladies and only the email addresses I had). That was in may 2013 when I first started. That is all I did coz I didn't want a big crowd...all I wanted was a word of mouth. This is truly my hobby n passion not a business. So that is exactly what happened and other auaintances whose email adresses i didn't have, started complaining about not letting them know and that they saw their other friends having a glowing skin. Till date I haven't printed any pamphlets or business cards and people are desperately asking for it. Infact they are proactively forwarding my email to their individual groups. So my point here is whatever you do, do it with your heart and give your best rest everything will be taken care of ....you will be successsful n famous in no time. Since you said that you are starting this as a business I would recommend you have your cards printed. And have some specials running at all times...for ex; eyebrows free with any facial for new customers. Keep the rates low initially and reasonable at all times.
    I started with a few equipments and just a few services because of my 4 year old but people want everything under one roof and keep requesting for more. But I only do it if I think I have time and can give my best services coz that's exactly what people want at a spa, undivided attention and total relaxation and anyways I ain't doing this for money so I don't mind. But at the same time its hard for me to say a no when someone calls at 9 pm for a facial coz I know they count on me n that these women deserve some 'me time' after they finish their family duties n chores. So treat everyone as if they are more than welcome.
    Always use quality products you will recover the cost soon before you know.
    Listen to people's needs and then analyze according to what you think. For ex; many women come to me saying they need to get a bunch of things done but I suggest them only selective things with an equivalent result which saves them money and time but also at the same time I leave the decision upto them.
    There are many things you will learn when you start your own spa and then may be you will have some advices for me . Everyone has different experiences.
    All the best and do keep posting your updates and also if you have anymore questions feel free to ask! Good luck