1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Have no doubt in that my dear. Infact I was writing the same in my next post.
    I dont know how my many times i thanked IL in my mind after this incident.
    I just recalled one similar scenario happened in the past and how I remained fearful and dumb to respond to her. Yesterday there was no fear at all in me and all the time I did not raise my voice at all.
    No doubt its all because of all my wonderfull ILites here:)

8 people like this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

CP, i think god has executed same program in this part to both..

you read it perfectly.. hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

cp, I want to really appreciate you.. BEING fearless is such a great feeling and though many ppl read these forums , they are not still able to implement this( including me)
    Keep it up gal

4. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

So was looking up for some stuff online and stumbled on this website "Southasianinlaws dot com " [ I know hahahahaahhaa] read through some articles , here is a something from the website , the title of the article was " could you be breaking your husbands family" [ again hahahahahahhahha]

As you all know, family is a strong component of our South Asian culture. The goal is not to change who you are, but rather to focus on adjusting some of your behaviors and actions. As difficult as it may seem, it could profoundly benefit you and the rest of your family in the long run.
    Could you be pulling your spouse and his family apart? How do you keep the family harmony?

Site itself is nothing short of a revelation :crazy So had to share with you ladies

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Read .....Is Your Husband Someone Else’s “Substitute Husband”?...It explains the much viled"tummy husband" .:crazy

1 person likes this.
  6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

got some venting abt mil.
    last monday was 16th days prayers for my co-sis's expired mother. the prayers will start from 15th day (sunday) evening throughout the nite until the next day morning.
    for the prayers everyone and mostly the close relations will bring some foods and refreshments for the guest and we will have dinner there. the priest will take some of the food to offer to the expired person during prayers.
    i was waiting for my mil to ask me if she wants me to prepare anything but she didnt ask. so i assumed she might had ordered at catering some food to bring over. we are leaving to co-sis mother's house at 5pm on sunday, and at 2pm i asked her if we are bringing any food for the prayers she said none. i was shocked. how can we go with bare hands for the prayers? total we are 4 adults and we are goin to have our dinner there. how thick skin we are to eat there without bringing any food? what people will tell my co-sis about us?
    and my mil hav the gut to tell me that my fil asked if she wants him to order some food but she said no need.
    i quickly went to market and brought some stuff and cooked coconut milk rice and a side dish for it. (i cooked vege nasi lemak, if anyone had heard of it). in big pan and brought over there for the prayers.

my co-sis is very helpful and always cook for pils. even on the deepavali eve, my pils had prayers at their house for their ancestors and co-sis cooked all the dishes by herself. and for one of dh's cousin sister's wedding, my co-sis had cooked some food for her nalangu (rituals for the bride to be 2 days before the wedding). and for her own's mother's 16th days prayers, my mil doesnt have heart to cook or to order some food to bring over. Witsend

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Best example for crook...

8. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

today my cleaner was complaining about her dh. her dh had abused her alot in the past and beat her when she was pregnant. she had endured lots of pain in last 22 yrs with him. that man had stopped hitting her now but still abuse her with words sometimes. yesterday he had called her porriki (indecent woman). tat lady got upset and went to sit at park until 11.30 nite. i told her next time if uncle did the same, take broom and beat him to death.
    she said ok, she will do that next time. :queen

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. MeghaJ

MeghaJ New IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

My Mil also does the same..

10. MeghaJ

MeghaJ New IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

My MIL gets 500 grams of vanaspathi every month and she uses it in whichever calls for ghee ex: pongal , Kesari. while writing this i remember her kesari which she made 4 -5 times when was in MIL's house , i dont know how much salt she puts in kesari becos almost it tastes salty not sweet. finally she adds 2 -3 tsp of ghee for 500g of kesari /pongal.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013