1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Easy cooking?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by rya, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sicherany

sicherany New IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,

Sorry, what actually u mean u take 20 mins to prepare? U cook dhal only or together with vegetables and it will be ready to eat in the evening. Just want to confirm so that I can make use my slow cooker which I only use making soup once in a while. I am glad to hear that it can be used for Indian cooking. Hope to learn more on this.

2. Thylambalmeenakshi

Thylambalmeenakshi New IL'ite

Re: Slow Cooker

Hi,
    A slow cooker is just what it means, literally. It is a device which is electric and has a ceramic insert for the dish into which the ingredients are added. It has a clear glass lid. There are 2-3 settings (depending on the model).
    The low or slow cook setting, cooks foods at very low temperatures. It is great for cooking chick peas, rajma and lentils. It is great for making soups. Just open cans of beans and put in, add a can of tomato soup, throw in some frozen vegetables, add water, salt and some seasonings..wallah!!! Turn it on in the morning and by late afternoon, (again depending on the model, the timings may vary) the food will be ready!!!! My model also has a medium setting and then a High setting which cooks food at fast temperatures.

If the pressure cooker is out of commission, this can cook dals but it takes a whole lot of time.

Hope this helps,

Thyla

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi rya,

It is a good thread. Do you want cook easily means, want to prepare things before and want to make food instant?Then you can go to my sub - forum and see for REady made powders, Basic masalas to cook quick and easy. Let me know clearly what you want?
    Please reply me.

4. krishnaamma

Re: Slow Cooker

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi krishnamma,
    Thanks for your reply...iam a regular reader of your threads,like instant powders,flower's recipe and all..it is very interesting. i want to know how can u prepare food in slow cookers. whether u can keep food for more than 6 hrs..which brand is best and what are all indian recipes we can make in that and if u know recipes please submit in your recipe's section(krishnamma's kitchen). It will be very useful for me.
    Thanks
    Ramya

6. krishnaamma

Hi Ramya,

Thank you ya. good to know that you are a silent reader of my forum. :hiya
    I am also waiting for the replies. But no body replied till this date. Hi ladies can anybody explain about the slow cooker?:coffee for your reply.

7. bowiya_virgo85

bowiya_virgo85 New IL'ite

Can You please let me know where i will get slow cooker in chennai.....Witsend

8. pganesh

pganesh New IL'ite

Can someone post some indian slow cooker recipes or is there already a thread .please let me know??

9. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Thanks for the informaion.

cheers