1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In A Way I'm Like The Super Star!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 9, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,
    Now that Lalitha has come out with the exact article which I wanted you to read, please go through that. I am sure it will calm the qualms of your conscience when you refuse giving icecubes to the visitor knocking your doors at an unholy hour.

regards,
    sridhar

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

1885 & 86 I was not a kid but in sweet sixteens and from that time itself i was an avid reader of WE. Whatever you write is not aruvais for us but gems of wisdom...... hence continue the good work of giving us aruvais............regularly maybe our dull brains would start working (an hope against hope)bonk:bang

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sridhar

rajiniyin nija thotramum
    avar veshamum poles apart
    while one is young(?)
    and dotes on sweet sixteens...
    his older versions
    each one conveys a message
    a different style..
    kalki has a lot to say
    about his simplicity...
    and some are sure surprising
    and breathtaking...
    he does have a few shortcomings...
    like taking on pretty young heroines
    in his latest movies...
    but his fans are fans forever...
    yes sridhar...
    whether you write
    HE, SHE, WE or YOU
    some gripping, some informative
    some awesome, some hateful...
    the fan following is just as great
    and perhaps
    your have to mention
    that the fans are like rajni fans too.....
    we all have our positive and negative sides
    only we love to put on the best polished side
    out front in full view...

sathya

4. varalotti

hello sathya,
    appa, ippo than intha threade
    kalai kattiyirukku
    enna than naan solradthu
    sathyama irundalum
    sathyavoda kavimayamana response
    illama complete aahaathae!
    paruppillatha kalyanama
    illainna namma kavignar sonnathu pola
    pani illatha markazhiyam
    padai illatha mannavanam
    suvai illatha mukkaniya...

neenga solrathu sarithan
    rajni has a few short comings
    athe samayathula avaru athai
    deny pannala vesham podala
    'neenga yaarum drink pannakudathunnu
    avar oru tharam kooda rasikarkal kitta
    sonnathilla

Once several years back I had engaged a cab to go long distance, all alone. the driver gave a very good company. He had driven for Rajni a week ago. And he told me with almost tears in his eyes that when Rajni opened the drink in his hotel room in Taj Garden Retreat, Madurai, he came out and called the driver and made him sit by his side and gave him drinks.

I know many company executives who think that the driver is also an engine part in the car and do not even bother to ask whether he had had his food. Rajni IS a superstar when I compare him with these executives.

About his women! I like his candid acceptance of his weaknesses. And that makes him a real superstar
    You are right we love to put our best side in full frontal view. While we keep the dirtier side to ourselves. But one day it bursts out of its own then no one dares to come near us.
    Thanks Sathya, for the fb.
    love,

5. varalotti

My Dear GFs,

By now you would have guessed that I tend to swing to extremes every now and then.

Last Friday, my ego had bloated so much, that I talked about the super star and my being similar to him.

Probably to compensate that, this time I am seeking work from you.

I ask you in plain words,

Will You Let Me Work For You?

Don't try to venture an off the cuff answer till you have finished reading the thread.

love,

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

There you go again BF,

Humility shows in your writings.

An apt song for you would be Superstar....Suits you.

Regards,

Your GF.

7. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir

That was a lovely article " Are your Gifts Emotionally Affordable". Lalitha mam thank you for posting the link here. Made it easier for us to access and read the same.

Sridhar sir, each and every single incident that you have quoted / written holds true in so many instances. And we give word so many times without thinking whether we can afford to do the act mentioned or carry out the work commited.

When we cannot emotionally afford the gifts that we so generously promise to give, we tend to become emotionally tied down to things to which we do not want to be involved. I have experienced this at times, i have commited myself to people and to actions because it was the appropriate thing to do and finally have derived no real pleasure either from the act or from the company of such people.

Such instances had really taxed my emotions to a great extent and and finally i have realised that it is better to be emotionally free and follow my own inner desires.When we are emotionally free, we find a great deal of strength and reserve in us and we turn out to be better individuals.
    A very valuable read indeed and a very good lesson to be learnt.
    With warm regards
    Jay.

8. varalotti

Dear Jay,

thanks for those words. Words like these are the staple food on which we writers survive.

While every religion, every teacher wants us to be good, many of them overlook the fact that at times we can be too good only to our disadvantage.

All those incidents affected me very much that I could not be peaceful until I poured them out for others to read.

I am happy you found them useful.
    Thanks Jay.
    regards,

9. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Varalotti Sir,

A very good article to read. I am a huge fan of The super star mainly for the reasons you have stated. Being simple and down-to-earth are honestly the tough things to keep in check as one moves higher up. Still there are such noble souls around us, I know one of my dad's uncles whom I admire and am really proud to be even known to him :)

The train incident, I just wow at the way you rendered this piece. Happens to all of us, but I loved the part when you worked on it to fix it. A delicate situation, I would have tried to "Shift+Delete" from my mind if I happened to fight with someone like that, but you have stepped that extra mile to treat it as a learning experience and come out of it more gracefully. Will remember this lesson.

Gayu

10. varalotti

Dear gayu,
    thanks for the very encouraging fb. As I have been repeatedly telling in this thread and elsewhere, that what you read here is only a tip of the iceberg, which is me. And it happened to be a good tip, otherwise it would not have come out at all.
    I also have had times where I had pressed shift + delete so that the experience would not be there in the recycle bin, even. And you know gayu I have also had situations where I badly wanted to press control+alt+delete button to restart the system. And many many times I had craved for the F2, undelete button.
    Life goes on.It may not be as convenient as my laptop, but far more wonderful than that.
    Oh, I should have done this earlier!
    Gayu, I am pleased to welcome you into this wonderful community and into my forum.
    thanks for the fb,
    regards,