1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is a jerk

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Flyingsparks, Dec 17, 2013.

1. life1

life1 Senior IL'ite

laugh1smiley It just sound so funny to me. And you have to deal with this. I am so sorry for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

dear..I totally understand u.Your husband is the one at fault.However, I do not think the reasons above are something so big that u need to walk out of a marriage!!He just has a superiority complex that like he the MAN and ur the WOMAN.

U need to rationalize with ur hubby when he is calm.Tell him that u r flattered by his love and possessiveness but a marriage needs equality btw a hubby and wife.Be very calm,control your tone and anger and talk to him.No matter what happens,be calm and nice.

ur hubby will understand his folly sooner or later.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Arrgh.. how can sitting next to a parent in a car and priorities in life be related? Parents be it yours or his can never be last priority. Maybe you can also tell him that in your family if someone from the family is driving the car we dont leave the passengar seat empty and sit behind with others as that would imply we are treating the person who drives the car as a paid driver. We treat them with the respect and dignity they are due and sit with them in the front. So let him know that when they are with your family you will follow your family's tradition and when you are with his family you can follow his family's.

4. maddy17

maddy17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Flyingsparks,

The fact that your husband has a problem with you sitting in the front seat with your dad, it sounds absurd. The way you described it seems like he likes to be in control of everything. I feel you should do the 'straight talk' with him about your problems and sort them out or else you will get really frustated as this will just pile up on you mentally.

Good luck,
    Maddy

5. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

Should I pretend to take you seriously?

A husband who was nagging his wife for sitting beside her father in the driver seat rather than beside him on a short journey. He went even to the extent of complaining it to other relatives. He has his whole life to live with her but yet he has to compete with the relationship she shares with her father.

Here you are finding fault with the woman for being respectful towards her father. If you have a daughter, wouldn't you be proud of her for giving you the respect you deserve?

You never seem to even consider for a second, how respectful it would be for her husband to do the same. Rather, he would even find fault with her doing something that would have been quite graceful for him to do instead.

Have you ever considered, how small gestures such as this will go a long way in building a strong bond with one's wife? Have you considered, how little it takes for husbands to be considerate to their wife's feelings and how they squander such simple opportunities to show that they care? It doesn't take one to do great things to keep his wife happy and feel secure in the relationship. Caring about your wife's feelings and being respectful towards her parents doesn't take much. Believe me, I am saying this out of experience!

4 people like this.
  6. BrightRachael

BrightRachael Senior IL'ite

Why do husbands do this to their wife? i feel their ego gets inflated when they can control their poor wife. I am also in the same boat as OP.

Whats the best way to deal with such jerks, who make it a point in making a mountain out of a molehill ? Suggestions from experienced member is highly awaited as such persons make life miserable. How you ladies have coped with such situation and how to avoid such things in future?

7. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

And the JOKE OF THE YEAR (2013) award goes to.....nincompoop :clap

2 people like this.
  8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I'm really sorry to hear this FlyingSpark :(. Its so sad you have to deal with this :(:(:(:(.
    Prayers that tomorrow is going to be a better day.

1 person likes this.
  9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

JOKE or JERK ?

1 person likes this.
  10. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

I won't advise that

Regardless of what others do, have your conscience dictate what you do. Others are responsible for what they do and we are responsible for what we do. No one can make others responsible for their own behavior.

Do always the right thing and don't let others dictate your behavior.

By being respectful to his parents, you are not doing him or them any favor. You are only doing it because it is the right thing to do. Being able to do the right thing without letting the emotions cloud our judgment, should be rewarding and motivating by itself.

4 people like this.