1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let me know the after effects after reading this post of mine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

What I think after reading this is that you have written a very affectionate ode to our humble but popular thayir sadam!! :2thumbsup:

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  2. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

yes, u are absolutely right vijima
    I also relish thayir sadam more than any pizza or burgers, there is no substitute for thayir satham with suitable thokku, pickle and vatta kuzhambu esp during summers, I also like the combination of green chutney made of coriander leaves, green chillies, hing, tamarind, and salt blended smoothly in a mixie without frying them and no tadka needed , It goes well with curd rice and no need to mention about avakkai, lime pickle, tamarind or mango thokku, moru milagai -----------haaa i stop with this, coz my mouth started drooling

1 person likes this.
  3. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

After effect: Remembered the first time I had thair sadam in my hostel, wow...amazing taste.... Thanks amma for that. Then i'm going to google thair sadam recipie to cook tomorrow.
    (I always like this sour things like curd, pickles. But thair sadam is my top priority.)

1 person likes this.
  4. Anicham

Anicham Bronze IL'ite

why no body mentioned Thayir Sadam with mavadu...:( It is ultimate combination yumsmiley. Most of my morning sickness period remember surviving only with thachu mammu...with Onion Salad.

Onion Salad: Small onion+riped tomoato + Salt + Coriander + Curry leaves mixed together with hands...

that too when it fed by mom...wavvv...Mummmmy missing you...

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I had not seen this snippet earlier. Enjoyed all the gastronomic talk! :-D Coincidentally, I read this while having my dinner - curd rice with tadka and fresh pepper pickle. :drool You know Vijima, I add this fresh pepper pickle to the curd rice and mix it with it when preparing itself. Grated carrots and onions add to the flavour too. :biggrin2: Now I want to restrict rice intake, I just make the dahi with all this and have it without the rice.

As for coffee, only degree coffee will do for me in the mornings. That is the only one thing in life I am fussy about. :-D

1 person likes this.
  6. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Yes!! How we forgot Mavadu?

1 person likes this.
  7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

vijima, Do u like thachi mammu with nartha ilai podi and narthanga kadarangai oorugai? today i prepared dosaavakkai too ( dosakai is a vegetable, out of which we can prepare pickle and sambar, koottu ). Along with avakkai ( mango) dosa avakkai is also very famous in Andhra

1 person likes this.
  8. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Ma...my mouth is watering now:) that was such a lovely write up...being a South Indian myself agree that curd rice is one of simplest and best form of food :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Angel dear glad your mom, dad and bro love curd rice . So sad you dont love curd rice. Curd rice is good for heatlh. Atleast good you are fond of filter coffee like me. Glad my post tempted you to come here and my narration made you fall in love. Hope by now yu have tried curd rice and lime pickle and enjoyed it. Once you have then you wont feel like missing it

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamla dear glad to see you here. Ya dear you can take it as a ode to thayir sadam