Need help to buy Silk saree in Kanchipuram

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by lovely_ambika, Sep 29, 2010.

1. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Hi IL-s

Usually I never go to Kanchipuram for silk sarees.
    There is a place near Tanjore called Magarnombuchavadi, where almost all the people in the village have their own Thari for making the silk Saree. They make the silk saree in their own thari and sell it to the people in Kanchipuram for the actual price. In turn all the sellers are fixing their own price and sell it accordingly.
    for example if the actual cost of the saree is around 3000, In kanchipuram it may go up to 6000 to 8000 depending upon the showroom, etc.

So after long travels, my DH fixed one man, who is Jayaram, who used to make sarees in his own Thari at his village Magarnombuchavadi, and sell it to the needy persons. He does not have any showroom and all. He takes the sarees in his 2 wheeler and gives it in monthly instalments for genuine person.

I am purchasing from him for the past 10 years and the sarees are genuine and quality. I have introduced him to many persons in Pondicherry and many are benefitted from him.

Even for last Diwali, my DH ordered for a special colour and design saree, and also ordered for a Koorai pudavai, which is used for our brahmin wedding ceremony (Arakku colour). He came to our house and saw the my wedding saree and noted its colour and design.

He told that it will take 2 months time to prepare the same like and after exactly 2 months, to my surprise, I saw, he had made it same like the 1st one which my DH bought from Thirupuvanam (famous for silk sarees than Kanchipuram).

The cost was actually low when i visited some of the showroom in Pondicherry and Kancheepuram. The difference was more than 3000.

I just shared my experience in my life,

2 people like this.
  2. pritiriyer

pritiriyer New IL'ite

Can you send me his contact address.phone number. I would like to get some sarees done for my wedding.
    thanks a lot!

3. taras18

taras18 New IL'ite

is it possible to give the contacts .Thanks

4. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Please share the contact details

5. elil27

elil27 New IL'ite

Hi can I have contact # for this person please. There is alot of unreliable person I spoke to. I would like a trusted person. Thanks

6. elil27

elil27 New IL'ite

Hi can I have contact # for this person please. There is alot of unreliable person I spoke to. I would like a trusted person. Thanks