APRIL 2014 - MOM's TO-BE :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 14, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to this club Vidhya:)

Hi ladies,
    Am here. Just busy with work and unable to post my updates. It is going on as usual except that am experiencing stronger kicks day by day :) my 1st DS did the same but compared to 2nd his kicks was little milder. So, am thinking if my LO will be even more naughtier than his brother :))

my DH feels the kicks daily..

Last 2 days I wfh .. Snow and the day after snow roads were slippery so didn't want to step out .. Good, my PM understands the situation. In bad weather, yet another problem is train delays and end up traveling more than 3hrs per day which is too much for a pregnant women :(

i think next 2-3 weeks is going to be a super busy for me as I have to deliver some docs and once done , I think I will stay home :)

2. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Been busy at work.
    Plus once I get home, want to give my baby all the time and then cook after she sleeps. Thank God DH takes care of cleaning up and packing everything. I just crash into the bed at night.

Tomorrow is the big Day!! My scan.. Hope all is well. Please pray for me.

Divya,

I still wear many pre-pregnancy tops and during my last pregnancy, I wore it till 8-9 months, as I mostly wear loose tops like kurtis to work. I had quite a big tummy last time, but still managed with kurtis.
    I have only 3-4 maternity tops and 1 black maternity trouser to wear to work, and 1 black maternity tights to wear under long tops to work. I also have a 3/4th tights to wear at home. Everything gifted by my sis after she used it. We need maternity wear only for so long, so no point in buying too much. I didn't buy a single maternity wear last time or this time, other than what was passed down. I would rather spend on my babies.
    As we go along, tummy will start to show more and more. Today also someone congratulated me at work.. I was surprised and happy, as I am not flaunting my tummy yet and cover it with jackets :) Want everything to be fine tomorrow, then can flaunt my tummy freely and tell everyone.

Which travel system did you get? How much did you get it for? I remember I got a graco one for 150 bucks I think. It was very useful. Will re-use it for this baby too.

I have only 1 day off for christmas just like you. But am forced to take christmas to new year off as child's daycare is closed and DH's company has mandatory shutdown too. So with both of them at home, no mood in going to work. So we are going to north west (oregon) to meet siblings and their kids.. Heard its snowing there.

Anitha,

Take care with travel in this crazy weather. It makes me happy to feel the baby movements too. Its an amazing feeling :)

Vidhya,

Welcome here. I never used a body pillow during last pregnancy or this one. Have always believed in keeping expenses low during pregnancy and rather spend on kids after they are born.
    I am having lot of backache this time, never had during last pregnancy. Maybe because of lifting my DD many times. So doc has suggested keeping hot water bag. Need to do that, as especially in morning find it difficult to get out of bed and walk for sometime..

harini, t2bmom, chinnap,
    how are you all?

3. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

SM,
    Waiting for your message. How did your Scan go? Did you find the gender??

4. AnithaPartha

Hi SM,

Even, I have only 1 day off.. But next 3w is going to be super busy for me as I have to submit my deliverables :)

Hope your scan went well!

My updates :
    i got my makena shots today :) couple of weeks I have GTT but eating lindors crazily :))

5. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

hi ladies, good and bad news..

Good news - ITS a GIRL again!!!! i am super happy! I wanted another one and am very very happy and so is my DH and our families.
    Baby is also healthy,

Bad news - I have placenta previa.. totally blocking the cervix and have been told I have a high-risk pregnancy. chances of bleeding are very high. You can read about it in babycenter. Really want a full-term baby.

Anyone has any idea about this? or know anyone who has been through this? any info will really help.

3 people like this.
  6. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi SM,

I am soo happy for you. Congrats . :):wow. This is the best news. I personally wanted to have 2 gals always. Wish you a wonderful life ahead. Dont worry things will be fine, dont strain much .God will be there with you!

7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

SM,

I am happy that u ve a girl!!!.. But this placenta previa news is disheartening what precautions has doc told you to follow??

8. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hi Gals ,

SC - congrats , gals ll be tooo cute .. really happy to hear that .. Take rest nicely... Did doctor tell any precaution for you ?

Update: I was ving fever and cold and took 3 days off at office.. was at home full time.. Today I am feeling better.. I am feeling movements at night .. not much during day time... Also due to cold and fever , I am not taking tender coconut which I used to take daily.. I feel thirsty once in 15 mins ... However water I drink it is not enuf.....Planning to take tender coconut from tomorrow onwards.. Hope it ll not cause cold
    Was reading mommy blogs for passing time.. It was so interesting to read about many mothers. how they spend time with their kids... Mostly stay at home moms write those blogs..It was good timepass reading those...
    Getting ready for new year by organizing my wardrobes... Have thrown all the kuppai that I had accumulated over 2012 like bills , mails etc..

1 person likes this.
  9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Congrats SM. Two girls was my hubby dream. Placenta previa is common I had it with my first. Yes I started bleeding from 13 weeks and went upto 20. I still had full term baby. Did doc suggest you bed rest? I was on complete bed rest for few months and very very minimal work later. I suggest you stop walking or doing some extra work. Don't worry she will be full term. Let me know if you need anything.

10. AnithaPartha

Hi SM,

Happy for you! Wow, now I can see your avatar change and baby gaga etc :)
    Enjoy !!

My updates:
    Very very busy at work.. Weekend also I was working as this is my 1st project :) though no one asked me to do so!

In between, watched chennai express and one Malayalam movie ..

Baby was moving a lot yesterday but today feeling less movements.. Weather is as usual horrible ., planning to wfh .. I couldn't commute 3 hrs per day in this weather and on top I work after coming home also