1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let me know the after effects after reading this post of mine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 7, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

VS glad to know that your son has good memory, he is multi lingquistic and knows everything. May God bless him and fulfill all his wishes and give him long life and good health. Usually everyone says that people who have thayir sadam are very intelligent.

1 person likes this.
  2. gowri3089

gowri3089 New IL'ite

Born in an iyer family, I always relished curd rice since childhood. Due to this many of my frnds call me thayir sadam :p Even now on sundays i do not finish my lunch without curd rice. And my favourite side dish for curd rice is MorMolaga, uppu pesarina mangai [mango pieces mixed with salt & chilli powder] and any pickle.

Though my mom prepares chutney & sambar for idli/dosa, i still do eat the last idly/dosa with milagapodi prepared by my paati. And idly soaked in milagapodi is my grandma's trade mark dish that will be packed in all long journeys or outings.
    Nothing can beat those taste :)

1 person likes this.
  3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

curd rice!!!! my mouth waters, i love it with pickle, khara boondi or any mixture i love it more when we add that tadka,ginger julians, cucumber,pomegranate and fresh corriander ooohhhh my mouth is watering again....

1 person likes this.
  4. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Thayir sadam (Thachi mammu) and yesterday's vathakuzhambu! Nothing to beat that..Yes, I have sadam, thayir, vathakuzhambu everything here but it doesn't taste the same Vijiji. Probably it was the age, the company that atmosphere and more than anything else 'the mother's touch' which made all the difference. Thanks for this post Vijiji and thanks for bringing back all those memories..

2 people like this.
  5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I never ate curdrice or Rasam before Marriage..

My dh is a Iyer, I am a Gowda (Love marriage)...

He has influenced me so much that i cant finish my Lunch/Dinner without curd..yumsmiley

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gowri dear glad to know you also like e curd rice. Glad to know about your likings .

T

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Zainab dear glad to see you here and to know that you are also curd rice lover.Glad you like it with pickle, kara boondi or any mixture. Ya it tastes yummy with tadka.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Monifa dear glad to see you here and toknow thayir sadam is your favourite too. Ya it tastes good with vethakuzhambu. True mother's touch makes a lot of difference.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Suma dear glad to know yours is love marriage and now you enjoy curd rice after marriage. For south indians its a must to finish lunch or dinner with thayir sadam

1 person likes this.
  10. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

My mom, dad & bro love curd rice, but i'm always an exception in ma home as for me, its always Lime rice with pickle...Yummyyumsmiley

Filter coffee is always ma favorite, cant go a day without it...

Me, not a foodie, but seriously, your post was too tempting...yumsmiley Your narration made me fall in love with curd rice:thumbsup, i'm gonna give a try to curd rice with lime pickle sometime down the line...

1 person likes this.