1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

thanks. he has just starting sitting on his own & I really take care of him so that he doesn't hurt himself. I hv also started to put him in walker, which her enjoys a lot. He is a very curious child, wants to hv a touch of everything. I give him semisolids now, he likes to hv soups, poha, rice-moong dal khichri, but the problem is that in daytime he doesn't take my milk properly now, I BF him twice in daytimei.e., around 1 pm & 5pm (as I m working). So is it smthg to worry ab8? When at home, I feed him properly.

There r signs of teething from almost one month but no teeth till now. i don't know wat to do. I m giving him calcium(Calcium Sandoz syrup & calcareaphose).

Soha:wave:

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Soha - Reg teeth you dont have to and more importantly CANT do anything. They will come when they will come! As for the BFs, is that all the milk he gets or does he get formula as well? Good that you are saving him from falls - I used to put Aadhu on the bed to practice sitting so he could fall safely. Now of course my LO is trying to stand/walk and no amt of watching on my part is able to save him from falls or bruises!

San - hope Vinay is ok now. How lon will your ILs be there?

Vanathi.

3. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hello all Mums n lil one..,

Hope you all n your lil one are doing good..

I think In this thread my lil one is the youngest. we are blessed with a baby boy last month, we named him Aayan..

Aayan is just 25 days today.. :kiss

Looking forward to get advices from all experienced mom..

Take care

Pooja

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Welcome to the Parenting side of IL Pooja! The photo in your signature is very cute - do post a recent pic soon. And any help/advice/support - ask away....

Vanathi.

5. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hello all IL's moms,

I have a preemie who is now 10 months old. Her name is Ananya she is a doll and a blessing in my life. She is blabbering and it is sweet to hear and she is teething now, she never crawled she use to just roll and now she sits up on her own. I love watching all her actions she keeps me busy through out the day.

I was a working women I got pregnant with twins but I lost one when I was 8wks but at that time I thought I saved my Ananya, Unfortunately when I started my 7th month I broke my water and was in the hospital for 2 months she was growing inside me without water and they matured her lungs within 72 hrs by using steroids, She was inside me till we completed 34 weeks and started 35th she started to loose the battle and it ended in a emergency C-section. She was in the hospital for a month after birth and then my princess came home and then I decided to resign and be with my little one. Now I enjoy each and every moment with her I don't want to miss on anything just want to see her grow healthy and happy.

-Vidya

6. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Oh, Vidya, what a trial you had to go through, but then you are blessed with Ananya. I am sure it's all worth it, although the pain of losing a baby is not something that you can ever forget. We were on vacation last week visiting DH's family and I found out that one of his great aunts, who passed away some years ago, had 7 pregnancies but none made it - she had three still borns. Even though I never met her, my heart grieved for her. She somehow survived all that pain, or maybe she never did, I would never know but being a mom, I could feel her pain.

Raj

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vanathi

Vinay is good now.. The duration of my inlaws stay is unknown, they wil stay here as long as they r healthy :) So i m busy throughout the day, i never get time to site bfr the computer,even if i get some time, i just rush up all the post and wud never get time to sit and reply to the posts...

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi moms...
    I'm happy to join this thread with my newborn who is 1 week and 1 day old today. :hiyaHis name is Manav. I'm sure I can learn a lot from all your experiences. BowThere are ever so many questions that keep coming up as its all a new experience. :)
    -L.

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hey Lavanya! I was wondering about you! What a great news!! Congratulations! I like his name. How are you feeling? How did the delivery go? Do post a pic of Manav in the 'Photos of your LOs' thread so we can all see the newest baby on the block. :)

I know you must be swamped right now, but do share soon how you're doing and how motherhood is treating you. The first month of Riya is a blur to me, lots of things happening with me physically and emotionally, and of course life with a newborn is a like roller coaster ride.

Raj

10. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

A big HIIII to all mommies out there...:hiya

Just went thru few posts(not all) in this thread. Happened to go thru “Before I was a Mom’ posted by Vanathi. So true I must say.. thanx for sharing.
    Now about our little hero...Advaith, completed 8months, practicing to stand, did not sit actually(stood up from all fours),already got 2 teeth in lower jaw (seems tooth from upper jaw almost ready to come out). We put him in the walker, which he drags along all the way and pulls down whatever he finds. So we had to rearrange everything at home so that no dangerous items come in his way. So eager to taste each item...be it his toy, remote, mobile and wat not... he’s so jovial, loves to be in mom’s arms, enjoys playing with his dad and my dad!
    Started solids for him at 4months... loves to eat almost anything (esp. when he finds us eating). Pureed food is given twice day...apart from little bits given during our meal times. BF is the only source of milk yet.. though doc advised to start off with follow-on milk after 6months. Thought of starting with that after 8months. Hope that’ll be alright (?)
    Uploading a recent pic of his here itself... Not sure if I’ll be able to come to IL often as enough chores to be done. Our small family of 3 stays with my dad in a flat in UAE. Rest all back home in Kerala.

Luv n kisses to all LO’s...

Reshmi Sreejith

Attached Files: