1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She Was Different!!! A Tribute

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, May 7, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie
    What you have written about your dear mother can be ranked as one of the greatest and warmest tributes to Motherhood. By your emotional writing, you have made your mother immortal. I remember what Albert Einstein said about death,
    "Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life."
    Your mother lives in you and is not dead.
    Sri

2. aparna chidri

aparna chidri New IL'ite

hi
    very nice narration
    ur mother has become an idol.
    i always dream of such personalityas myself
    very lucky to have such life
    bye
    aparna

3. Srividhya Ramadurai

Srividhya Ramadurai New IL'ite

Hi,

Your mom was truely different. Hats off to her. I would have loved to meet her in person. How i wish all women were so like her in courage, determination, intelligence, broad mindedness....... I have myself learnt a lot from this post and will surely put my knowledge into use from this minute onwards.

Regards,

Vidhya.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dear Cheeni,

I am so blessed and touched with your words. I have started looking at my innerself searching for my mother, my best friend. If I could walk even half a mile with her legacy, I will consider living life to the brim. We shared secrets, watched "English Movies" together staying late night, would go for movies and plays together. My friends would envy me for having such a sporting mother.

It was a humble effort from a daughter who misses her mother, her best friend very much.

Thanks a lot Cheeni, would like to see you more often here.

Cheers!! Good Day!!

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for writing in. It was just an attempt of tribute to my mother.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidhya,

Yours words are very true. My mom was very different from other moms around. I realised this when I started visiting my friends home. My mom would actively participate in debates, discuss latest releases, heart throbs, news, updates, anything under the sun. She was a very good reader and any topic was easy for her to discuss. She would bring so much light in the room with her conversation, jokes etc.. that my friends would forget that she is my mother. Everyone who meets her have always told me, "Mals, you are so lucky to have a mother like her". I thank my Lord for giving me such lovely parents.

I am not kidding, I could tell her about the crush that I have for anyone, she would help me to move ahead or even stop if required. We sisters never hung around outside with friends, they were called home. That was the first lesson she had tutored us when we went to college. Bring your friends home, make it authentic, do not hang around at bus-stops, theatres etc.. Get VCD and watch movies here. If it is a public holiday or sunday, she would dish out yummy dishes and join us too. There was no generation gap, as she would sing and dance with us. Oh!! I can write and write and never feel tired about it.

Thanks Vidhya, if you want to pick traits from my mother then two things are guaranteed, your children if you are married will love your friendship and secondly they will learn to live life fully and boldly take decisions.

Thanks Vidhya, My Amma's blessings for you.

7. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear malspie!
    i must say thats an excellent tribute to ur mother!!!
    i am also happy to learn that your father has been a very supportive man for his times!!!
    they must have been an happy couple and you must have enjoyed a great childhood with them!!!
    people like your mother who have lived for others and the family are always cherished in the heart and never forgotten!
    warm regards
    pavi

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pavithra,

All the freedom that she had has been earned by her. My father luckily was not at all orthodox compared to his family members. Our family was envied by one and all. My parents were not great example of a perfect couple, they were ahead of their times as they gave room for each other.

Thanks for writing in.

9. sahi

sahi New IL'ite

Hey Malspie...

A Great Tribute to you SUPER Mom....Bow:clap:clap:clap

and I bet You are a SUPER DAUGHTER following her footsteps.
    Though we ilites dont know you personally but can say for sure You are your Mom's parchai(as they say in hindi).

sahi

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thank You Sahi!!

That was a good title. I am blessed to ber daughter, her friend and now her PARCHAI!!