1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

The 70-Day Declutter / Organize your Home & Life Challenge

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by kashvya, Oct 22, 2013.

1. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

My update yesterday-
    decluttered the Master bedroom, threw away unused stuff.

Today's mission - decluttering shelf in guest bedroom where soaps/detergents/medicines/are stored...and throw away unwanted and unused items.

Tomorrow being saturday, i look forward to doing much more including Donate items kept aside for donation a while ago.

On week days i plan to have my list short so that it can be accomplished in 15 to 20 min..

-Chandra

1 person likes this.
  2. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Great updates SHSK and chandrakiran

Somehow...all of us have gravitated to the medicine shelf today......

Well, here are updates from me

1. I worked on Paper clutter - I seem to be inundated under Paper. A few months or probably a year back...as a part of going green, I shifted to paperless bills and statements. But before that I was receiving both the paper and the estatements....so you can gues...I had tonnes and tonnes of unopened mail..I tore any private information and stacked a lot of papers for the paperwala...I don't want money....just want that paper to be recycled

2. My lil one is down sick today. As I opened the medicine cabinet, it was a declutterers delight...Im pretty regular in updating my medicines...but still there were tonnes of expired medicines...I ended up throwing a few
    In my routine, I'm going to create quarterly / monthly tasks to just look into my medicine cabinet, declutter and restock

Seems little here ..But I did spend a lot of time today. Tomorrow, Im planning to look into various wires / chords / chargers that seem to have accumulated.

I'm actually drowning under the following items....clothes / paper / wire / CD's . God help me to take small and steady steps to clear this

Looking forward to your updates....

1 person likes this.
  3. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies..!

Weekend was well spent with clearing up the medicine shelft, threw away unwanted or expired ones.

Also cleaned up the storage of items like soaps/detergents/handwash etc.

Sunday attack was on the toy shelf - threw away a bag full of broken unwanted toys. Donated usable old clothes and toys...i feel good that i did what i planned for!

Now weekdays will be very light missions since i get home only by 7pm..
    Today I plan to straighten out my clothes shelf..which has become little disorderly

1 person likes this.
  4. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

Today attacked the cupboard where all soaps/detergents/brushes essentially cleaning items used and unused are kept. Threw away all the empty cans/bottles.
    Somehow feeling lighter with the clutter gone.

shsk

1 person likes this.
  5. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Hello All..

Thanks Chandrakiran and SHSK for your updates
    Are all the others still on for the challenge. The last couple of days, I have been working on decluttering my wardrobes....lots of lots of clothes have been removed ;)

6. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

What to do with extra clothes old used ones. My maid used to take earlier but the present one is not interested.
    Any suggesstions ??

SHSK

7. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Hi Guys...

Its been a loooooong time. I have been busy. :( That's no excuse not to post.
    I have done some decluttering...but very minimal.

Whats the progress with all of you?

Please update......Need to buck up all over again

8. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Hi SHSK

What about giving them to orphanages...or those institutes that recycle? I used to donate to GOONJ. Try searching online for orgn's that take cloth and recycle them to doormats / bags / napkins etc

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

kash,

nice to see you back. I was wondering about the thread as we have only a few days left. As for my updates, my apologies first and now for the updates....

We were on a lovely vacation for 10 days, hence no updates.

Done with putting away of all the fall decorations. Nicely boxed and labeled.

Christmas decorations are out :)

Winter has come with a vengeance. As we reel under super low temps, got the coats, hats, mittens, socks out and organized them so that they are readily available as the family rushes in the morning looking for stuff. (Will post pictures after I take them) All the out grown stuff, packed and ready to be donated.

Completed cleaned, de cluttered mine and DDs dresser. Proud to say we have been clutter free in this area well errr for the last two days :)

Cleaning up guest bedroom closet - boy was it full or what! Mid way in the process, should be done today. Success story will be updated :)

1 person likes this.
  10. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hi Kashvya,

Count me in.I know only 9 days are left in the challenge towards New Year.

Let me see how much I can declutter.

Good luck all