1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where your life stands here on earth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indian guy,

thank u, u are my friend, bcs u overestimate me.HAHA. the day u meet me u will be shocked to see this old man.

i learnt from my dad, to keep a few things inmy name, he gave us some, and he gave some to mom too, who is rich . And he left her enough to get by well.

And i see sad examples around me, i try and give them hints, but well, i cant force my self on them, can i ?

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

very nice article sir....loved it

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varhem,

See how smart i am, i made u divulge yr age.HAHA

Yes we must learn to rely on our self, and develop our interests so that we dont get bored later on. And have lots of money, so that we can keep domestic helps, who will make our lives easier.And it is icing on the cake if oru children take good care of us, nut this option we must keep open, for our own good Varlem.

Regards

kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

Yes not applicable to all, that is why this message is aimed to the 40's chaps an those approaching 50.

Better safe than sorry eh ! When we invest , say in emotions too, we expect something, it is human nature. But if u dont invest much, dont expect, then the chances of disappointment are less. So do ur duty, set them free, and dont spend all on the kids, keep some for yr old age too.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji..
    Totally agree with you about being emotionally attached but financially detached from all dear ones.. Money is THE most common reason for all the family problems.. I've seen children who have distanced themselves from their parents.. siblings don't see each other faces... too many heart breaks because of the MOney factor.. and the sad part is very often realisation comes on the death of one of the parties.. a tard too late..
    I must look into this reverse mortgage from banks seems like a good option for whats the use of having a roof over your head and no money for food or medicines..
    Kerman

6. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

After a long, long time Kamalji, pranaam. This is a very sensible post you have posted here. Working in a surgery, I see many parents trust their children and sell their properties believing that their children will take care of them and their children throw them in the nursing homes.It's really pathetic. You are so practical and make sense. Thanks Kamalji!

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Monifa dear glad to see you here in Kamalji's thread, how are you, missing you in IL. Take care and "God bless you

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

There is a saying in America that "instead of giving fish, teach how to fish". All we need to do to the children is to educate them and teach them life skills. Building wealth and using it as a tool to have them at our beck and call is a wrong way. It is equivalent of buying love with money. Loving parents should come naturally to the children. We need to save money with an intent to take care of ourselves for the old age and for the period after retirement. When there is an occasion, we can share some of our wealth with children like marriage, grandchildren, etc.

It is my belief that every child should be raised to be successful in life and to stand on their own legs and not to be dependent on parent's wealth.

I could not agree more with your thoughts.

Viswa

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uttara,

it is but natural that parents will will the property to their children, but till they are alive, they must enjoy their own money. While they are on theri own feet, they start to think what if i cannot walk, get sick later, who will take me to the doctor etc.So why not stay with my son/daughter, so that they take care of me.

That attitude is not the right one. learn to to be independent, th have yr own home and bank balane, hire servants, drivers and all other help that u can afford, and live yr own life, as khuswant singh is living today, at 98, away from his son, and still active, people wanting to meet him even today.

Your parents taught u well, uttara, god bless them, and u to do the same, let yr children be independent, while u retain yours.

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sis viji,

WEll said, thank god yr children are good children.

Regards

kamal