1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Legal advice

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by doraboots, Dec 6, 2013.

1. doraboots

doraboots New IL'ite

Hi all,

My neighbors son is married and has a 2 year old kid.His wife of 5 years has always behaved in a very funny manner shouting and screaming at her hubby ,breaking things like cookers and vessels late in the night.
    And she has also been treating her in -laws very badly.In fact the in-laws went out of their way to treat her as a daughter giving her more freedom in dressing than their own daughter.

One fine day she told her hubby that she's going to her parents place for a visit with her son (she didn't have a fight that day,she went out of her way to behave sweetly to her husband) and didn't return at all.she hadnt even taken her or her kids clothing's with her.But everything was planned in advance as she had resigned her job and had applied for a job at her parents hometown.(The husband came to know of this later)

She doesnt call her husband,doesnt respond to his calls,hasnt even informed the hubby of her home address.(they shifted to a new house)
    The husband is completely depressed as he hasnt seen his kid for a long time and doesnt even know what his wife wants.

At this stage can he get legal or police help to see his kid.People keep saying that the law in India favors the wife and he can only pray that she returns.Is this true,can someone please help me with this.

2. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

hi, i am not sure abt wht legal advice i can give -- but i think that before the lady gives any legal complaint ,he need to give a legal complaint ,to keep his side clear---else if the wife complaints of harrasment,DV etc--he is in for trouble... i suggest he take action legally first before she goes for it. JMO

Pls talk to a lawyer to be more clear on this.

1 person likes this.
  3. indian78

indian78 Senior IL'ite

These type of cases are increasing like anything.Rescently I have seen one such case in my circle. These are all for money with crooked mentalities I guess.Easy money and control mentality are main motive

4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

The way our legal system works, he is already in defensive foot even though if he is not at fault. Hence he should take the help of organizations like CRISP.

5. doraboots

doraboots New IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.So even though it is the wife who is at fault the husband and kid are the ones suffering.but why is the law so one-sided.?

6. doraboots

doraboots New IL'ite

Hi Fencesitter,

I just visited the CRISP website but could not find a phone no or address for the same.If you have it could you please mention it here.Thanks.

7. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

indian78,

Please dont tell that hiding from spouse is mainly for money and that wife is money minded etc., Its not easy for a lady to live alone or with parents.. She has to face 'n' number of people. Now I am not living with my husband and have 2 daughters. He is wantedly coming to my mom's home and creating fights. I am facing lot and lof troubles in my day to day life..Even I want to hide from him with my daughters. I dont need his money and nothing. I need a peaceful life with my kids. So I am planning to go off somewhere with my mom without informing him..

8. doraboots

doraboots New IL'ite

Hi,

I understand your situation,you were married to an abusive guy and are running away but in this case its not like that at all.I have known them personally and in this case the wife was the psycho character..

9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

In the US its called kidnapping even when a child is taken by one of the parents without the consent of the other. I am not sure about Indian law. I would say file a complaint.

10. AshMenon

AshMenon Gold IL'ite

I guess its just me who feels there's much more to the story??? [Blame the CID in me] :hide:

Why will a lady scoot off with her kid away from her DH and ILs if they treated her nicely? I don't think Money is the main motive here. No lady would like to stay away from her DH (for money) unless there are other problems. Did you try to know the reason why she used to behave in a funny manner? Why will her parents support her and change to a different house if she was at fault? They would atleast try to contact him to sort things, after all they wont like their daughter to be away from her DH.

There should be some spark, or else there won't be any smoke. Its either that your neighbour is hiding things or the lady is completely out of her mind.

And on the topic, yeah, if your neighbour has told the complete truth, he needs to lodge a complaint before his wife does it. :-(