Bangalore ILites - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Induslady, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Re: Bangalore Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Hi Jaya,
    I read your posts on this forum and u have come up with some great replies... Me Rani from singapore now but from chennai and bangalore... Care to be friends?

I am Jaya. Born and brought up in bangalore. Am a working mother. I have a daughter who will be 2 yrs old in November. Mine is a love marriage. i am tamilian hindu married to a northindian Jain. hes working for a software organization.

I love chattin and making friends.
    As a person, i am little reserved, take my own time to get close to some1 before accepting them. Once i accept them into my life, i dont let go that easily. A cancerian trait!!!! I like to talk abt philosophies of life and like mythology.

Thats it for now. U can get to know me better by messaging me.

Ciao[/quote]

2. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 18.75pt; HEIGHT: 21.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.IndusLadies.com/forums/images/smilies/wave1.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

I stumbled upon this site while looking for any opportunity to work from home. I hope i can make good friends on line and share thoughts on many topics.Let me begin by introducing myself.
    I hail from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:City> (Now it is Bengaluru)- Karnataka and settled in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Singapore</st1:country-region></st1:place> from past 10 yrs. I have done my BA from NMKRV collage in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City>. I would like to know if any of you studied from that collage during 1990-1993.
    I am a home maker ( I disagree with the word House -Wife ) but looking for some work to do from home. I have 2 kids 11 and 6 yrs old so i would like to stay home to care for them, but at the same time i think it is very important for women to be independent( financially and generally ) and in sink with the fast changing world.

I am more artistically inclined. I do oil Paintings, art works, I have acted in dramas and directed a few as well. I also take Chinmaya mission-Balvihar classes at home, teaching Shlokas, Bhajans, Mytological stories, Indian traditions, their meaning & significance, to children from 4 yrs to 11 yrs. I think it is important for our children to know and appreciate, the rich indian ( be it north or south) cultural and i hope they will carry it forward. This is especially necessery when we are in a foreign land. But in experience during my last visit to Bangalore, I think children there are taking our culture and tradition for granted and beginning to lose the value of it, trying to imitate the so called cool western culture. Hope we can remind them that Indian culture has sustained through several centuries, while the western culture is just few centurie old. This shows that the Indian values are more long lasting and has more value.

Regards
    Lakshmi<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 15pt; HEIGHT: 22.5pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://www.IndusLadies.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

3. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

A very warm welcome to you. Your thoughts are well appreciated. I studied quite close to your college, Vijaya college :). Please share your artistic works in our forums for this purpose.
    Hope you would have a great time here.

Regards,
    Hema

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

A very welcome to you !

Dear iam also from NMKRV College. I am from commerce stream graduated in 1991. Also a member of Chinmaya Mission. My brother was a brahmachari there now he is giving discourses privately.

Where do you stay in Bangalore. As iam trying to keep in touch with some of the bangalore based ILs who live near my residence. I am from Basaveshwarnagar but born & brought up in Basavangudi area. You can know more abt me in my earlier post in this thread.

Hope to see more of you here.

5. jes

jes New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am also from bangalore been here since last 3 years.Basically i am frm kerala.Have a 16 month old baby....When i came to bangalore i did not like this place at all...NOw i just simply love this place...

6. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Dear Hema & Lalitha,

Feels great to get a replay from you . i was born and broughtup in Jayanagar/jpnagar. I am living in Singapore for the past 10 yrs but miss Bangalore a lot. Each time i visit B'lore i dont forget to go around my college, showing it off to my children ( One more time and they will go crazy). Were you involved in theater club in the college ? I think we must start a thread for all the NMKRV ladies. Another common factor is the involvement in Chinmaya mission. During my visit to b'lore in dec 2007, i visited the center in JP nagar, and it is really beautiful. Pujya swamy Tejomayananda Ji is coming to S'pore in June and all the balvihar children from throughout singapore will be performing. Looking forward to this event.
    Sorry hema, I dont mean to ignore you, I am just so exited to meet someone from my happy past. So which Vijaya college are you from ? Are you both still in Bangalore or abroad ?
    I will surely would like to share my paintings and art works, but how do i do it? If you are also intrested in arts do share it.

Regards
    Lakshmi

7. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hello Jes,

Welcome to this forum. Good that now you love Bangalore. I'm sure you must be enjoying your time with your baby. Where are you put up in Bangalore? What are your interests?
    Do share and have a great time participating.

Regards,
    Hema

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Hemchi,

Just noted that you also stay in Bangalore - which part? What are you up to now? Just thought will get friendly........

9. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Good to see your note. I am in Basavanagudi, Gandhi bazaar area from past 3 years. I was brought up in Vijayanagar. I'm a software engineer and a mother of a toddler. I noted that you were brought up in this area too...so do you still frequent there? I see you participating very actively in many forums of IL, that way I feel quite friendly with you already :). Now that I am the local champion for this region, I would visit this forum and thread more often. It would be great if you share your ideas on this too.

Warm regards,
    Hema

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Hema,

Thanx for already being my friend. I also reciprocate your feelings.

Oh don't tell of Gandhi bazar and Basavangudi, those are my favourite places and favourite shopping jaunts. Now also I regularly visit there as my mother is in Vidyapeeta area and lot of friends in Srinagar/Hanumanthnagar. Hence I am invariably spotted there. I just enjoying eating in Rotighar, Gokul etc. Now thinking of trying new places also. Visited Kamat Bugle food was good (jowar Roti) but service was not that good. If you have any eatries (pure Veg) just let me know. Maybe we can start a thread like that..........would be interesting

Now you see why I don't talk of Basavangudi.......because I will just go on & on on........