What can You Make in 10 Minutes from Your Kitchen Right Now for Kids?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by hrastro, Dec 12, 2012.

1. vanimn

vanimn Senior IL'ite

wow lots of quick cooking ideas pouring in. keep them coming! :)

2. prism02

prism02 New IL'ite

Useful Thread,It helped me a lot...Thank u

3. krish

krish New IL'ite

This is really helpful. I am always looking for things I could make under 10-15 minutes. One thing that I find easy to make is moru koozhu. Some sour curd, salt, kazhipatta, and rice flour are needed to make this. Some mustard, urad dal, asafetida, and red chilly are also needed for garnish.
    Just pour in some oil into a pan, add some mustard seeds and urad dal. Once that is done, add red chilly, asafetida and some rice flour mixed in little amount of water. Follow by adding curd. Add salt to taste.

Done. I do not know whether everyone would like this but my family tends to love this.

2 people like this.
  4. anurinesh

anurinesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    from my side
    upma
    poha
    dudh semiya
    semiya upma
    cheese toast
    biscuit fritters
    aloo sandwich: boiled potatoes in microwave
    salad sandwich
    aloo fry
    instant khaman dhokla
    biscuit pizza
    bread pizza
    frankie
    chilli paneer toast
    bread pakoda
    maggi noodles
    bread upma
    papdi chaat if tamarind and green chutney there
    rava dosai
    wheat dosai

1 person likes this.
  5. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

in 10 mts very easily we can prepare beaten rice kichdi, sooji veg kichdi, instant rava dosa , vermicelli kichdi, and rice floor mor kali or puli uppuma and serve with pickles

1 person likes this.
  6. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

These are some ideas.Just need few ingredients.
    Churi
    In a bowl crush some khakras and some roasted papads.In this you can mix some fried onions,roasted cumin seeds,salt and a pinch of chilli powder.You can also mix some finely chopped cucumber and tomatoes if you wish to but serve immediately.

Also you can cut cucumber and/or tomatoes into slices.In a bowl mix steamed moong sprouts alongwith a pinch of chilli powder and chat masala.Place it on top of the slices.Dot it with a little ketchup and voila its ready.

Cut coloured bell peppers into slices.Remove the seeds.Heat some oil in a pan.Place the slices and let it cook a little from both sides.Break an egg in it.and allow it to cook a little.Add some salt and pepper or chilli powder(optional) or mixed herbs and let it cook. Serve immediately.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Revisiting this thread after a long time.

Last night my aunt called to say, she, her son and her DH are coming to stay at my place today - for the weekend...

So what do I keep ready?

Luckily I had soaked for grinding just yesterday morning -

2 cups dosa rice + 1 cup coconut + 1tbsp methi seeds = wonderful coconut dosas you can add 1 tbsp sugar + salt too - kids will like with sweet chutney and adults will like with allam pachadi or tomato chutney

2 cups white udad dal + 1 cup black udad dal + 1tbsp methi +
    3 cups bajra + 3 cups jowar =

Grind all separately and mix with salt = crispy healthy dosas which can be reused as kuzhipaniyaram (punaguntalu) or ootapams. -

2 cups whole green gram dal + 1 cup dosa rice = pesarettu dosa ( grind fine with 4-5 green chillies and 1 inch ginger + curry leaves)

While grinding yesterday I also Roasted some groundnuts and til and cut some coconut pieces so that coconut or groundnut or til chutney can be done by the time the dosa pan heats up

Today morning I made some (to last a week in fridge)

ginger chutney (grind ginger, salt, red chilli, tamarind paste and jaggery and put tadka) and
    some tomato chutney (add udad dal, mustard, red chillis and curry leaves to tadka and fry onions and tomatoes and let cool, then grind)

So when my aunt arrives in another few hours, I have 3 varieties of dosas + 2 chutneys ready, and two more can be made at minutes notice

Also I used some roasted groundnuts to make groundnut podi (1 cup groundnuts, 1/4 cup til + red chillies + salt - roast and grind)
    and some til podi (1 cup til + red chillies + salt - roast and grind)

So if they dont like chutneys or we need to pack for travel, these podis will be available.

I also cut some vegetables - ridgegourd, ivy gourd, carrot, pumpkin, capsicum etc so that if they want rice, it will take 15 minutes to cook :)

All this above work because if I start chit chatting with them, we will all forget about cooking :)
    And even if we go out for food, nothing in this ready kitchen will get spoilt !!!

I hope to have a wonderful weekend with my aunt and family..

I hope you all also keep your fridge and pantry full for guests :)

3 people like this.
  8. Durga18

Durga18 Silver IL'ite

Hi hrastro,
    thanks a lot for this wonderful thread. My lucky day came through it today. I have been searching for quick recipes since long time. Got to know many new quick recipes.
    i am not very organized till today. Will start doing that. Thanks a ton and thanks for all the ladies who shared their wonderful recipes.

9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Veggie pasta
    sooji upma
    sooji idli
    fried idli
    noodles, microwave the noodles
    cheese toast
    garlic toast
    soya chungs rice(leftover rice) or 12 mins in microwave while u cook soya chungs
    egg rolls
    kathi rolls

1 person likes this.
  10. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite