Gifts Galore! Share your gift Ideas here!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by pushkala, Mar 23, 2008.

1. pushkala

pushkala New IL'ite

Folks..
    My sis got her baby in Singapore.. i wanna send them a ToysRus Gift certificate... but there is nothing like that in the website neither in any of the leading shops ... I m currently in US.. can u suggest me ways to do that?

2. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

It is always good to do a Yahoo search, well thats what I did to assist you. Look at this link below, and best is to write them an e-mail. They may be able to do some special arrangements for you. You can also talk to the stores in US to help you.

Singapore - TOYS"R"US

Singapore - TOYS"R"US

3. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

how reliable is online shopping ?

Dear all,

Living out of country, many of us may want to send gifts to Parents or relatives on special occasion. We have to wait for some known person to travel back so that we can send the gift then we have to ask our relatives to go and pick it. With the present condition in India, especially places like B'lore ( I can say itas I am a native of Bangalore) where travlling from one place to another is very troublesome, they might even wish that we dont send them anything. With this situation, please share your experience or opinion about ordering online from here for delivery of gifts, flowers etc in India. Many of us may be benifitted by this.
    I personally do not know how reliable and safe it is to order online. Firstly we have to risk giving our Credit card details, then we have to take the risk of not knowing the quality of product delivered. Any body has experience . pls share

Regards
    Lakshmi

4. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Re: how reliable is online shopping ?

Hi Lakshmi,
    I have done lot of online shopping when i was in the states. Obviously won't give your credit card away to places u r not sure off. Have never faced any problems. It's pretty neat.Even now i send gifts to India thru rediff and it has been great experience.

5. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Hi rani,

Could you pls give me a few reliable sites for such shopping. Do they generally have a local address for contact in case of need, or they are only on net.
    I hope others also comeup with their openion. Even if they have not used, at least give an openion on whether thry would try it or not.

Regards
    Lakshmi

6. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I would like to share my personal thoughts about online shopping

1) It is very convenient way of shopping.It includes ease of finding a product,time spent
    on shopping and efforts.

2) Its a win-win situation for both society and individuals.There is no need for vendors
    and no pressure of buy.

3) There is infinite variety of products available online because online shopping allows consumers to browse
    through products that are made all around the world without geographical boundaries.

4) We can do product comparision,compare product prices and their features.

5) But Sometimes I feel ,when shopping independentl online,the enjoyment is lost.

6) We have to give a lot of personal informaton.Major concern is credt card frauds,unwanted solicitation and use of information for other purpose.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  7. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

valentine's day gift

Hi everybody,

i m going to india before V day,but i want to gift sumthing to my husband...not getting any ideabonk how ?what ?.....suggest some gift ideas for husband..

Thanx in advance..

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: valentine's day gift

Its a very tough query and most of IL's definitely might have got this query for certain situations and special days!

Definitely guys have very less number of gifts to choose, But the following can be tried!

1. A good T-Shirt
    2. A good Wallet
    3. A music CD or movie DVD of his own choice
    4. If he is a smoker, you can buy a good lighter
    5. I-Pod
    6. Definitely a Gold ring or chain

Out of this, your presence will be a good gift to him with a redrose and a Kiss!!!!!!!!!!

9. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

Re: valentine's day gift

Hi Priya,
    thanx..
    nice ideas...i know my presence will b a good gift,:frown: but m going on 8th..
    i want to give sum surprise on 14th itself.....but not gettng any ideasbonk..

IL friends help me....

10. Laks13

Laks13 New IL'ite

Where to buy gifts?

Hi,

I am new to Singapore. Pls tell me where do I get birthday cards and gifts.

Thanks in advance.