Please suggest good Gynecologist in Bangalore for PCOD

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by MadhaviUP, Aug 27, 2013.

1. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi Indusladies,

I am having PCOD problem from 2008 and I am overweight (72KG-5feet height). From last 8 months I am planning to conceive.

I was going to Dr. Praveena Shenoi in Cloud 9 .She is good, but she is so busy. She has put me on Duphaston.

I am now showing to Dr. Balamba in Hyderabad. She has put me on Myotol-F tablets. But as I stay in Bangalore I need info on some good Gynec’s here.

Can anyone suggest good Gynecologist who can spend some time in understanding the patients problem and treat this PCOD.

Please help.

Thanks
    Madhavi

2. Priyarajam

Priyarajam Senior IL'ite

Hi Madhavi,
    U check with Dr.Sushila rani in Manjushree specialty centre @ ulsoor. She is very good and shows separate attention to each patient. I too had problem in conceiving and consulted other famous doctors. But the problem is they r too busy so u will feel everything mechanical. But I felt comfortable with Sushila mam, she even encouraged me to ask doubts in each session. She knew many languages so I could comfortably clarify my doubts in my native language,Tamil.
    All the best. May God bless u soon :)

3. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    In which part of Bangalore you are searching. Please let me know so that I can suggest.

All the Best

4. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Thanks Priyarajam for the info.Yes you are correct, they donot even give time to ask our queries, They will be in so hurry that we will forget our questions.

Hi Radical , I stay @Brookefield.

5. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hello Madhavi,
    If youare brookefield, then meet Dr. Jayshree Mane - Mothercare and more - near hypercity, opp to HDFC Bank. She is good.
    Thanks, Dhanu

6. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Madhavi,

I don’t know any doctor’s in india but wanted to share my experience with PCOD.
    I was also diognized with PCOD in 2007 and visited Gynec in hyd she put on medicine for 10 months after which my cycles were regular and everything looked good. But it was back after 3-4 months and I visited as doctor in US (I was in us at time). What she told me is that only cure for PCOD is Hormonal tablets or regular exercised and food control.
    After that I started work out for 45 mins (walking at beginning and the running for 15 min as my stamina increaed) daily and reduced all high calorie food like soft drinks, sweets, cakes, chips, fried food (had them occasionally, homemade) , sugar (used only raw or honey) and was able to see difference in 6 months. There was a lot of change in my body and emotionally I was feeling much better. My PCOD was completely gone in 1 year. I have reduces around 10 -15 pounds as was able to conceived in 3 months after that.
    All the best.

1 person likes this.
  7. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi Viki,

Yes finally I understood that instead of roaming for doctors, curing PCOD is in our hands.
    So I have joined yoga for PCOD together with Power yoga. And also modified my diet habits. This made my cycles regular almost without any medicines and my PCOD report is also clean (no PCOD:) ).
    Yes weight reduction and exercise improved my health a lot and also reduced mu stubborn weight.
    Thanks for pouring in the solution.

1 person likes this.