1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

House Keeping

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by shakila banu, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Glad to see new tips!! please continue till all of us have learnt to maintain a near perfect home!!

Regards
    Jayanthi

2. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Hi jaykay

I have one and half year old son. He never allows me to keep neither phone or the telephoe directory next to the sofa. Even the chairs of the dining table we keep it sliding down or else immediately he would climb on to the table and everything like salt and pepper he would spill it.

But ofcourse keeping a phone next to sofa is a must to receive calls.

Bye Keep posting all new ideas and tips.

3. soji

soji New IL'ite

NICE THRAED AND NICE POSTS....KEEPING THE SOCKS BIN IS A NEW IDEA. I TOO HAVE 2 SONS OF AGE 6 AND 3 SO I KEEP EVERYTHING ABOVE THEIR HIGHT . I HAVE PUT THE PHONESTAND IN THE HALL SO THAT THEY WONT PLAY WITH THE PHONE EASILY.

SOJI

4. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I just love the idea of sock bin.. going to implement it.My hubby is very lazy abt changing his socks. Even if i wash thm and keep thm in his wardrobe easy for him to grab... he'll wear the same thing. Every morning if i dont oversee he'll ear the old sock...So this is a good idea to correct my hubby :)

5. anupama

anupama New IL'ite

Hai all,
    I recently got a small shelf kind of thing that can be hung in the wardrobe, available in different sizes to keep my kids accessories and my husbands, kerchiefs,ties,etc. Since its made of cloth and provides more space utility and occupies a corner in the wardrobe.
    Works out fine for me by reducing the time to search for small things during morning hurry.
    Also i am now having 2 fridge bags(sold to store vegetables in fridge) with zip made of netlon kind of material to store my undergarments seperately in my shelf, occupies less space and due to the material stays in place.
    Got few saree bags and blouse bags, and packed all the sarees in them, saved almost 1 full shelf by that..
    All these inspiration from Indusladies threads...

Regards,
    Anupama

6. Suhasini02

Suhasini02 New IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
  7. Suhasini02

Suhasini02 New IL'ite

To arrange remote controls for the TV, you get an organizer to hang over any of the hand rest of the sofas. Invest in one, and all the remotes, the TV guide, etc gets neatly tucked away...

8. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends

Looking forward for new ideas how to arrange ties I bought a rack and kept it in the wardrobe neatly all ties rolled But even then my hubby is not feeling it user friendly He wants it to be hung anywhere all the ties any ideas Please help.

9. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

we have a 2 bedroom flat, and being a mom of a 1 1/2 year old i need to be very careful ,because she puts in any small object she finds.

so i decided to buy a cupboard , a medium sized ,ofcourse to fit into one of the bedrooms .It has got eight cabinets all with doors and can be locked.
    so i keep medicines in one diaries and few books in one electric tools in one ...etc This helps me get the things easily whenever needed.

10. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

I have 2 plastic baskets covered with unused shower cap. u can even put a plastic cover
    1. to keep the socks in one
    2. to keep hand kerchiefs in another.
    u can use the same method for keeping rubber bands , clips etc......

I will take the snap & post

prabha

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008