oil for stretch marks prevention

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skyinsc, Nov 6, 2013.

1. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I've heard of coconut oil + turmeric doing wonders. Apply half hour before bath and then wash off.

I used palmers cocoa butter. It was excellent and I had no stretch arms till delivery. However, I stopped using it once baby was born due to revised priorities. And when my tummy shrank, I got some funny marks which I hear could have been avoided by applying the cocoa butter for months after the birth too...

have ve a safe delivery!

2. vanivineela

vanivineela Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I used Bio Oil and it worked really well. We can start using it as early as 3rd month to prevent Stretch marks. I got delivered one month back and happily do not have stretch marks now..:banana

So one can go ahead and use it. Good Luck!!!:thumbsup

3. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

i heard that vitamin e oil could lighten up stretch marks and also almond oil. if you cant find vit e oil, you can get vitamin e - evion capsules and break them and can apply over stretch marks, i think there are alot of e vitamin creams along with aloevera are available thesedays ..you can try any of them. as far as my knowledge , one cannot get rid of stretch marks completely, they'll only get lightened. stretch marks will be disappeared , when collagen is developed under the skin at that region

4. dipali212

dipali212 Junior IL'ite

where we can get bio-oil ??