1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Children's Day to All The Husbands

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DramaQueen, Nov 14, 2013.

1. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

mademydaysmiley
    This post made my day...
    aahhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  2. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

hey i didnt know about this show!! hahaha will have to watch and show it to the relevant people in my house too :lol:

I have told my DH couple of times earlier that Indian husbands should be made to stay with their in laws for 2 years minimum.. tab akal aayegi..

1 person likes this.
  3. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

But that time you will in the hot seat..not him :)

1 person likes this.
  4. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

Hope your son also will get such greeting

5. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Nandita.. Nandita.. Nandita..
    [insert any of her post here]

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am replacing son with daughter, husband with wife and so on in the above text:

Will you be okay if your daughter, after getting married , communicates very less with you............stops consulting you in taking important decisions..........gives utmost importance to what her husband says only...........does every thing directly and indirectly to show that her husband is the only one man/person in her life and his father/mother matters least to him.

Expecting yourself (husband) to become the number one man in her life and expecting her to sideline her father/mother ..........and make her parents as the no. 2 woman.......as soon as the marriage takes place......... is a wishful and whimsical desire.​

Answer: I hope my daughter does make her husband the number one person in her life, relies most on his judgement for important decisions, informs me about decisions only if needed, and solicits my advice only if needed. I hope she consciously shows her husband he is the numero uno in her life. I would hope to become no. 2 or lower in her life as she flies the nest, grows into an adult, has her own family, friends, commitments, routines. I would also hope she knows I am always there for her, unconditionally. I would hope I've brought her up with the values and love that make her keep in touch with me without the need for guilt trips or emotional blackmail.

I hope the same for my son.

- Ideal Future MIL. :)

14 people like this.
  7. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Rihana...Loved your Post...

2 people like this.
  8. Absum

Absum Silver IL'ite

I think this paragraph above (inadvertently) proves the point this thread is humorously trying to make.

All over the world, millions of children are born, grow up, and leave the confines of the parental home, start to make their own decisions, meet and marry spouses, give their spouse and children their full and undivided attention, and live happily ever after.

Parents/mothers do not have to be sidelined or ignored or treated badly. But they have to be relegated to a secondary role. It is normal and natural. All grown-ups, whether married or not, have to know how to stand on their own two feet. An unnatural attachment to parents when one is an adult is exactly that: unnatural.

Parents are not gods. Good parents do not strangle their children and sabotage their other relationships in an attempt to keep them close. Let's not pretend that Indian mothers of sons are performing Herculean feats of parenting that deserve supernatural rewards and lifelong sacrifice and unwavering adoration. This is just psychological dysfunction, and it's time we started acknowledging this.

8 people like this.
  9. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

I have a DS and a DD. I would be very ok if both my kids take their important decisions on their own once they are adults and not specifically only after getting married.
    I would want both the kids to give priority on nurturing a healthy marriage rather than feeling guilty for enjoying life minus 'THE MOTHER'.

IG2013, when the new wife is expected to forget (not make No.2) parents/ siblings, why the wife's desire to be No.1 in her husband's life is wishful and whimsical desire?

Yes, I ( wicked me) join the thread here to wish my H a Very Happy Children's day.

8 people like this.
  10. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Rihanna, Absolutely beautiful... but then again - isn't it already happening in majority of the girls' cases? It is only the "mother -of-the-son" who can't be relegated to No 2 position.

5 people like this.