1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this marriage worth saving?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by snm1984, Sep 1, 2013.

1. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi SNM,

I do know whether i right or wrong...When one of the partner is very much heated and lost control on his emotions ...its better to keep quiet for a while...because heated argument will lead to quarrel and major fights...Then there is no peace of mind for you both...Its really worth to maintain peace while in TTC...stress really cant help out in TTC...Try to be good partners and help out each other...if not try couple counselling... Might be ...i am wrong...but its just me...

2. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

dear ssm,

every man after a period of wedding would wish to become a father as soon as possible. In my case even i am on ttc from the day i got married as i have pcod from my child hood. My in laws always curse me saying why do you rush to the doc so early and those word pinch me to my nerves but i keep quit and bared every thing for sake of a child. when ever doc ask for my dh semin analysis he refused to come and say you have a problem and why should i go for a test??????? and one fine day he got it done and found that he has a problem too very low sperm count and also resulted with diabetics.Still he shows his disappointment saying we have no kids but i really do not care for it. He also speaks very badly about my parents but i care a dam......... i know how worthy they are and how good they are so i never respond back for his words he speak for some time and shut his mouth. for what ever the matter i do not really respond for his words to my parents to save his ego as i have some for his parents to but will never say any thing.

I do all this because if i shout back it will be hell and i would not like to spoil my mood and get depressed. As much active and happy we are that much our ttc will succeed.

Cumming to your mil she will be there for 2 or 3 months let her speak hell you do not take it to heart think in mind that mad ppl should not be replied............... i do the same

it is easy to break the relation but never get a chance to make it back so try to have cool discussion with your dh and go for a good doctor. If he hit you same time you take revenge by hitting him back saying you are also in angry.

Wish you all the best and god bless you with a baby soon.........

1 person likes this.
  3. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Recent update...
    I apologize for not replying all these days,went through the most difficult phase of my life after my last post...I am now temporarily(?)separated from my H. I am in India with my parents now.

First of all I would like to thank each one of you for the encouraging words-they came at a time when I felt I reached a dead end in life with no hope.A lot has happened since then....I don't know if my decision is right or wrong but I feel relieved now because I am not kidding myself,pretending that my H really loved & cared for me,just a little messed up-everything will be fine if I just have a baby.But I was in for a huge shock-the sequence of events that happened later proved me wrong.

After that incident,we didn't talk to each other for a week.He never ever apologized or promised not to repeat it again in future in spite of me asking him.My parents were really worried,they tried to contact my H to mend the situation but he refused any contact with them out of ego(he's been like after marriage because of his mom's influence).They then called up his mom and she spoke very harshly with zero respect,kind of threatened in a sarcastic way that she will deal with me when she came to US.My parents over reacted,got scared and they arranged a close family friend(couple) to pick me up the very next day.From there they wanted me to come to India immediately.I was confused,deep inside I didn't want to leave him but at the same time I was an emotional wreck.I didn't eat or sleep properly for a week,lost weight and cried everyday....I wanted to get away from things.I told my H,he mostly came home only at night to sleep after we fought...at first he talked as if he didn't care.He told me he would stay at his friends house and asked me to carry on.Then at the middle of the night he came home hugged me got a bit emotional and told me not to leave him because this would end in separation,not to involve my parents and sort the issues ourselves.All this while he was very much telling each and every detail of our fight and other personal issues to his mom after our fight-came to know much later.I told him all my parents wanted was an assurance from him that he would take care of me well and I would be safe,so I asked him to talk first then they will agree.

He flatly refused.I told him his ego is greater than the love for me,cried and told him I loved him.Even though I felt that this would probably be the last time I would be seeing him/our home,I told him to take care and I would try my maximum best to return.And I left,just like that.Just in one day everything faded away from my life,-the love of my life,the beautiful abode we set for ourselves where we promised to raise our future baby...just like that.I let it all go.Because this wasn't the man I fell in love with.I don't know if he existed for real or he's just an illusion in my mind.The man I fell in love with fought to marry me..though our marriage was arranged,many problems arose due to his mom's behavior.He gave reassurance to my parents,talked with them patiently hearing complaints from both sides...where was his ego then?Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think he would even lift a finger against me..he was so caring and loving.

He stopped contact with me slowly after I left him and at one point he completely ignored my phone calls,emails(he never once called me out of his own).And oh his mom has a big role to play in all this,she sent a msg to my dad that I can't enter H's apartment without her permission.I called her to save whatever bit was left out of our so called marriage only to hear her trash talk and demean me and my parents(certain lines she used were downright indecent and degrading..).She's not the normal Mil,pls go through my previous posts for info about her.According to her we should all go to her place and talk,elders will sort out all the problems..another blaming session.The woman was just waiting for this opportunity to split us up-now she has just exaggerated and made the issue bigger.Fault lies on my H too,but he gets all gyan from her-to be honest i pity him.He's basically a good person born to a manipulative and cunning mother,she made him follow her and worship her like a puppet with no mind or thinking of his own.I thought I could make him see sense with my unconditional love,there were times I cared for him like a child-encouraging,pampering,boosting his confidence when he was down,even feeding him food affectionately.Except for infertility issue he was caring in other ways.I noticed a cycle,after I tell him how much I needed his support he would stop criticizing and give encouraging remarks for a certain time period,but it all goes away when he's on the talking mode with his mom(they fight and make up constantly).She frustrates him to the core.

Anyways I stayed at that friends place for quite sometime(much against the wishes of my parents with a tiny ray of hope that he would ask me to return,but it never happened.Thanks to their extraordinary kindness I felt much better.He knew the date I will be boarding my flight,yet never bothered to make a call or send a msg(his mom had reached US by that time).That day at the airport,I told myself that I am going to be strong.Enough of feeling sympathy for him,I will learn to love and prioritize myself first.After I reached my home in India,I began hunting for jobs(been out of touch for over 2 yrs,fortunately I am not in software industry).Luckily managed to get a job,will soon start working.I don't know what's going to happen in future,trying not to think about it.Though my parents are supportive with whatever decision I take,I know they want things to turn out fine and hope that we reconcile.Truth to be told I feel more scared about planning future with this guy than living as a divorcee.I have mixed emotions everyday there are days I yell at my parents for arranging this marriage,days when my mind wanders to our old good memories together and feel my heart ache,days when I toss and turn around in my sleep disturbed by various thoughts & days when I feel a profound sense of hatred for my Mil and disgust for my H for nodding his head to her orders.I am so confused right now,if at all he realizes his foolishness and comes around,should I trust him and give him another chance??

5 people like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You are one strong woman, snm. Huge hugs to you. You are in my prayers...

5. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

I am so sorry SNM! I remember ur story and i was in fact wondering what happened to you. I was hoping that things were better for you now...
    Regarding if you should give your husband another chance, perhaps what's in your profile picture is apt?

6. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

U are already away from him and he does not even bother to contact you. Even if you go back, you will still have the same problems. You are still going to have to deal with the stress of ttc and all the fights that come with it.

1 person likes this.
  7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

sorry about what you are going through, i feel you would be happy without him

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear SNM...I am really sorry for what u are going through..stay strong !

9. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Hey..sorry. Its like someone confusing you all the time. Make your priorities...see what you want and what you get. weigh and decide

10. desilady13

desilady13 Silver IL'ite

You are one strong of a woman, please remain strong and for the time being you have done the right thing. Focus on yourself first, your thoughts, etc..You are in a caring atmosphere with your parents and have started working which is good too. Just try and give the whole thing some time to settle. See if he calls you, emails you tries to mend things as well, since you have done your part already and didn't just leave without telling him. I am sorry for yor situation and just don't know why such people as your MiL even exist on this earth. My ex-MIL (mentally since I am not formally separated yet) doesn't talk trash words, but is such a cunning person who can manipulate things very very calmly, without showing the slightest pain/trouble on her face. Honestly, what do these people think? Do they want their sons to live alone for the rest of their lives? Or expect to find someone who's a 'yes mam' and continue searching for a girl who's ready for such a life? What if every girl in this world puts her foot down to such treatment and stands up courageously? What will happen to their beloved sons then? Sorry, for the digression, but take care of yourself and I hope your parents are supporting you as well.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013