1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Oho... I am relieved now that there are poor people like me... Thanks mercyagin...

1 person likes this.
  2. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

but ardra how do u deal with such people. he is so much interfering in their personal lives, infact one of my SIL is pregnant for the second time. She has one baby boy, this time she is wishing of r a girl and my periyappa constantly irritates them by telling its going to be a boy.

3. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Oh dear hugs to you hugsmiley

Initial days of marriage if I was not getting P for more that 40 days, MIL would ask me to go to Gynec with her... I have cried when I was alone... Thankfully DH was not involved in anyway...

Dont worry dear, everything will become better... Good things will surely happen :)

1 person likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My FIL is also like that...he interrogates everyone,workers,guests,grandchildren ....everyone ,like policewallahs do ...third degree. Everytime he comes to our place...I pray to God none of our friends drop in unexpectedly falling victims to his interrogation.....

He meets any civilian guest with the standard question...why did you not join the army?

5. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ardhra,
    I am not worried cause i need to go to gyneac!I was expecting something to happen, in that moment she spoke too soon, it is as if she doesnt want things to happen!Thats why i was hurt!
    Anyways dh understands me better as far as these things go and he did cajole me a lot !

2 people like this.
  6. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Well, one must have a lot of patience... I follow these things -
    1. I have trained myself so much that when he starts saying crap, ears are automatically closed and head starts nodding gigglingsmiley
    2. Whenever he crosses his limits then give him back then and there :rant
    3. When he asks some personal question, wait till DH comes and tell loudly in front of him.. "Dad, u asked me so and so na... you can ask your DS now that he is here".. Either he'll stop asking such things himself or DH will make him stop talking about such things
    4. If he asks something, standard answer "I do not know"... this will be an escape from the following questions... Thats because, if a question is asked and an answer is given then there will be a question paper ready with him to ask :hide:
    5. Whenever my instinct tell that he is approaching, I escape into my room bie1
    6. Finally if nothing works, vent in this thread... Thanks to CP Bow

3 people like this.
  7. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Thats good to hear :)

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

BG,
    Never care about your health and peace of mind. Happy to hear your DH cajoles you.

9. bluerainbow

bluerainbow Gold IL'ite

Bubbly, ILs generally feel a satisfaction if things go wrong with DILs or if there is a big drawback in DILs life.....even if the drawback is because of thier DS....my experience....
    It hurts very badly, because in such big things in life, we feel shocked that someone wished bad for us, when we haven't done anything bad for them....I have felt it so many times.Be happy in spite of them....

2 people like this.
  10. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

My vent for the day:"
    since i m preg , i m careful in my diet. my mil does not understand that I am allergic to certain food and killing me with food.
    Yesterday I was made to have brinjal and chicken khurma at night .. Whole night I could not sleep as i had body itching ( which happens when I have brinjal ) and heartburn due to khurma)
    I slept at 5 am in morning and woke at 9 .. My lunch was ready .. I was so hungry during lunch time , and gulped the rice in lunch box.. after having one plate, I realized that the rice was yesterday's .. I am having nausea now ( though my nausea symptoms stoped 3 weeks back) ... I am feeling vomitting sensation due to old rice..
    Gold save me from food poisoning :(
    Moreover she is telling that I need to be in her house 8th , 9 month and after kid is born .. I really , really cannot argue during each and every meal ..
    I am frustrated due to the water use which is never the aqua guard water ..
    I want to cook my food and eat .. I am so very scared to eat her prep :( :(