1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aarambam: kindly post your reviews

Discussion in 'Movies' started by nemesis, Nov 1, 2013.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Seriously, watching Ajith's slow motion walk with dark cooling glasses is as tiresome and frustrating as Vijay's punch dialogues.

By the way, in Citizen, Ajith had a 'matching' heroine in that aspect.

Because, it is his screen name in the movie Dheena.

3 people like this.
  2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Not screen name. It was his nickname in that film. His screen name was Dheena

3. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

However ajith may look he is a crowd puller with a very huge fan following( that too in recent times).

Sorry, I am an ardent thala fan and naturally I am defending him..

4. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Well, I have not enjoyed watching a "good" tamil movie for a very long time now (except Raja-Rani). Am a big fan of Surya.. Am Ok with Vijay, Ajith etc.

From my perspective, I enjoyed watching "Aarambham" in the Cinemas. Reasons as below.
    1. There is no comparatively good movie from top actors for a very long time, and also for Diwali !. (I dozed off in Karthi;s movie)

2. Ajith looked awesome !!!!! Hats off for his choice to start acting a matured role amidst still "college-going" heroes of his age group.

3. Entertaining movie (even though pretty predictable).

Arya could actually have been replaced by pretty much any one. I could never "think" of him as an IT Nerd ;-) But the part where he was FAT was good. It would have been well-received, if he was the only here. Having a flash-back for a second here.. well.. hmmm.. did not quite sit well in me !

Cheers,
    JM

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Lol..I completely appreciate that.. Because you see I am an ardent ilaiyathalapathy fan and can understand your feelings.. ;-)

But cycle gap la he's the crowd puller and lad labak das projection venaame ;-)

1 person likes this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Ithu ennamo unmaithan Nandhu. His fan base is quite amazing! Athu sari, Surya ku fan base irukum bothu, Ajith-ku irukka koodatha?

His fans are probably the reason why movies like Mankatha and Billa 2 could make good money despite having mokka storylines! ideasmiley

By the way, please excuse me for defending his fan base. Yenna irundhaalum, I was a former Ajith fan so that old paasam irukkathan seyyum bie1

2 people like this.
  7. divyams

divyams Senior IL'ite

Aarambam I watched second time and still it was fun to watch..

Ajith = Arambam .. if this movie was acted by anyone else, cannot even imagine how it would have been..

BGM during Ajith introduction was very nice.. it ran in throughout the movie..

-> In the flashback story where some cops ask Ajith to come to station and when they try to hold him, Ajith gives a look - That was awesome..

-> Some scenes are illogical - like going to Dubai bank, faking ID card etc that too within very limited time

-> Kishore usually suits Cop role but did not suit for this particular movie.. Someone manly like Rahman would have been Apt. Someone more powerful.. This role is quite important but was totally wasted.

-> The way Arya lets kishore know that he is trapped is perhaps good twist. But having CCTV camera inside Lift is too much ;) .. If they had seen it, they should have seen Ajith threatening Arya with Gun :p .. Some logical mistakes here too ..

-> Known that Ajith is a terrorist, how can he even travel outside or leave the country to Dubai .. with no makeup or costume change!!

-> Nayan is good. But reminds of Billa -1 .. Surprisingly no romance track between them, which is a wise-decision..

-> Tapsee - Please directors - Beg you not to characterize someone as laila / genelia types..

Overall everything is smashed by Ajith's ssssshhtyle.. though I m not a fan of Ajith, I loved him each n every scene ...

8. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Hey it is true u know... Thala is the king of opening. Mudiyala baaa.... Just because you are vijay fan, enga thalaya pathi thappa pesalama?

9. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Sofea, this is the very first time I am hearing that mankatha is not good. In fact, I became a theevera ajith fan after watching mankatha only. He carried of the role very well. And I would say that is one of thala's best movie in recent times.

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Nemo, kochikaadingga! Just my opinion! I really found the film to be illogical, boring and marana mokka. No doubt Ajith carried himself well but still that doesnt make d film any better than it is.

1 person likes this.