Moving to Dallas - please help me regarding schools and residence

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by GoldenMist, Oct 17, 2013.

1. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I will be moving to Dallas TX in next month.

Kindly help me with the following queries

1.I found the area to live are Dallas,Irving,lascollinas,DFW with the help of map but please let me know,which would be ideal place to live considering Indian neighbour hood and nearest preschools (my daughter is 3+)

2.Kindly list out some popular Community/society names where I can find more indians and apratments are,market and school is near by

Any other additional information/suggestions are most welcome

2. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

61 views but no reply.....

Please do let me know about my queries

3. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

hii... anybody there.
    Please let me know girls :-(

4. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

No reply yet :(

Please come ahead and let me know

5. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Hi Goldenmist,

have u moved to Dallas, were u able to find good community and good school. Even we are planning to move to Irving next month. i've a 4.5 year old kid. Am too confused of school districts and good apts. Give me ur suggestions pls..

Thanks in advance !!

6. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Hi Goldenmist,

I'm not able to view the private message that u had sent. It says i shud have made 10 posts to view that. Freeman elementary school, valley ranch elementary school, las colinas, or lakeside elementary schools. Which is good ? Can u suggest me pls.

Thanks in advance.

7. minald16

minald16 Gold IL'ite

hi GoldenMist,

I live in plano, dallas past one and half year. In plano we have lots of indian and plano school district is best in dallas. As far as irving is concerned there are lots of community with indian, one such is valley ranch area where you can find lots of indian in every community. But for school according to my one of relative school district is not as good as plano. If you need further info I can help.

8. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot minald. Can u suggest me good apartments in plano and some good schools too. My kid is 4.5 yrs old. so planning to put him in private schools this year and elementary in aug. What bout the valley ranch elementary, freeman elementary and lakeside elementary schools ?? In many threads, i see coppell and carrollton farmers school districts are good. Pls suggest me on the same. How bout tom landry elementary school too ??

Thanks in advance. This information was so helpful.

9. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

@ Minald,

Thank you so much for this useful information.But a small query, my husband will be working in Irving.So will it be feasible to stay in Plano considering his daily travel and all???Could you tell me little about las Colina's.Is it a part of Irving or different from it?How about Indians there and school.

@ Honey,

I appreciate your response too.I am yet to go there.We should be there by first week of December.How about you??Kindly let me know.Thank you so much for the useful information regarding schools.

Hope to see you both soon :)

10. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Goldenmist,

We will be moving there during thanksgiving weekend. So much confused bout the apts. Have to look out for school district, if that is good, apt floorplan is not good or rent is high. Still searching and searching online and keeping on giving calls to leasing offices there. My hubby's office wud be in dallas. Planning to take apt in irving for indian community, good schools and firstmost safety. Sure will meet up there !!! If u get any inf bout schools or good community, pls let me know !!! Any apts letting u rent 1 BR with kid, pls let me know bout it if u've enquired in any of the apts ??

Thanks in advance.