1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband's laptop addiction

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vinayak22, Nov 9, 2013.

1. vinayak22

vinayak22 Senior IL'ite

My husband is so much addicted to laptop. It has been 5 years i am seeing all this and due to his this habit i very alone. He goes to office 8am -5 and just after coming he will sit in front of laptop. Now there is almost no talking between us. Even when i was pregnant, he was same and even after the birth of baby he was same. iI have done to much of discussion on this matter that now even i am tired because i know talking regarding this is mere useless. He will have all sort of excuses about work and will just browse..Initially, i used to think, he has lot of work online but now i know clearly he is just addicted. i was so frustrated with his behaviour that many times i went to India tired of this problem but this is not permanent solution.

Now, infact i am in very need of his support and care but he is least bothered. i have to quit my studies due to some reasons and after that i feel he purposefuly wants to leave me alone. He is not emotional and this is genetic. All men at my inlaws(my brother in law) like to stay alone in room or away from their family.
    I cannot work due to some reasons.

please suggest wat shd do i?

1 person likes this.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Join with him when he 'browses'.

6 people like this.
  3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

May be he is addicted to something/someone inside the laptop. 5 years .. at the cost of family is too much ... which makes me think the addiction is not just about laptop.

4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

M, She is aware of the problem according to her older threads.

5. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

ohhkk .... Haven't gone through her older posts.

Thank you :)

1 person likes this.
  6. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

I'm sorry, by mistake i have pressed 'like' button.
    Please try out Radhai's suggestion.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Your husband seems to be harbouring the belief that despite being part of a couple and also a father, it wouldn't hurt anyone to put himself first; make the relationship all about himself, others be damned - people like him should choose to stay single and make everyone happy.

Sorry to dash your hopes...he won't change.

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

One liner Punch Dialogue with apt solutions . Kollywood is in need of you gal!!

1 person likes this.
  9. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

even so many IT husband's are going the same job.... they like to escape from family attention & try to present them professional both officially & personally... very rare families are exceptional but most wives are facing the same problem what you are facing right now...

you can try to book some outing trip with your dh & your kid alone for a week & make him understand how much the kid is missing his presence & also you.... its all about how you handle the situation... make him understand that the life he is missing now cannot be get back...

first (with his permission) you book for some place & spend time with him without cell phone, laptop , no electrical disturbances only personal only personal trip.... all the very best...

10. vinayak22

vinayak22 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Aparna for your suggestion. Its very good suggestion. I too thought of it but have never been possible. Even if he skips it for sometimes, same things resumes again. And even if is away from laptop he doesn't talk much to me and i feel very lonely even in his presence.
    On friday he came from work, just talked for 2 min and then didn't talked after that till night and same thing was happening everyday. When i told him feel very lonely here and if i am in U.S because of him he should atleast consider that i am being home all alone and he should talk to me, he just kept quiet and now not talking to me since 2 days.
    Have i demanded so much? now he expects i should come and talk to him(not him) and shd say sorry..