When is the best time to visit Australia?

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by Jey, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Australian IL'ites,

When is the best time to visit Australia? I am thinking from a climate and also hotel/airfare rate standpoint? Thank you for helping out.

2. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

Re: What is a good tourist plan for a 2-week Australian vacation?

A quick suggestion. The best time to visit Southern and South eastern australia is during Dec and Jan. Just because its summer by then and days are longer. so you get few more hours to enjoyby roaming around places and enjoy the day. Never to miss in life, the Harbour bridge new year eve fireworks show in Sydney.

3. Jey

Re: What is a good tourist plan for a 2-week Australian vacation?

Hi SVR, I moved this into a separate thread so that members coming after me can discuss questions regarding the best time to visit Australia in this specific thread.

I am also thinking more in the December end time-frame and your post was affirming my belief. Thank you.

4. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

I think the best time to visit Aus is around Sept-Nov. The weather will be cool,but I'm sure you can manage that,because summer starts in Dec., and I don't think you want to struggle with the heat while on vacation.Good luck!
    Bye.

5. Jey

Thanks Loveshack. This is very helpful.

6. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

As loveshack has suggested, If you donot enjoy hot summers(I personally need to enjoy summer as my home town is hot all through the year) then it is good to visit from Sept to Nov and during these months you have spring flower show in Canberra, ACT( I wish I could have seen it).
    Also it is true that that you easily get accomodation and airfare to be cheap by then in Sept to Nov. That was a wonderful suggestion by loveshack.

Cheers,

Last edited: May 12, 2008