1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

new to jewelry making

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by arvindabalaji, Nov 8, 2013.

1. arvindabalaji

arvindabalaji New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have been following this forum for the last 3 days, before i really jumped into jewelry making. i stay in bangalore and as per the suggestions given here i went to raja market - ratan fancy stores. I shud say that this shop never lets you down when it comes to materials (thanks to all those who suggested this place), you name it and you get it and the quality is also really good. But when it comes to the cost it was sky rocketing.. really and i mean it. To make a gold beads haaram with stone pendant and earring it would cost you 1800, if you would buy the materials from ratan fancy. that was really disappointing. So I just returned half hearten. each golden bead of 6mm size was around 15 rs. and i needed at least 60 of those.

Could anybody suggest any other shops where i can get exact materials at lower rater. Do we have such shops in jayanagar. Coz I live close to this place and going all the way to raja market is like a big journey.

2. chaitrachaitu

chaitrachaitu Silver IL'ite

Hi arvinda,its indeed too costly der,you can just buy an readymade jewellery for that price and even better the designs,only thing is its not our hand made one!

3. arvindabalaji

arvindabalaji New IL'ite

yes chaitra, you are right. after a long trial and head breaking I have finally decided to go for a readymade one.

But the main reason I wanted to get into jewelry making was, to make a customised jewelry for my kid. And I still wonder how some ladies manage to sell good jewelry at lower rates.like the one I attached. Its just 750 bucks. But if I had bought the materials used in this necklace from ratan stores it would cost me 1300 rs.

So yeah, I guess its good to go with ready made ones.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013