1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair care

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shanthi krishna, May 1, 2008.

1. rb020606

rb020606 New IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Thanks for your reply.

Warm regards,
    RB

2. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

hi all,

the tips regarding hair are really useful .I follow this routine everytime hope so it could be of use to anyone of u.....

i put a mixture of olive,coconut,castor oil to my scalp after making it warm,and left over for night to soak well and washed it next day with a normal shampoo it was silky...

applying mehindi to ur hair once in a month also leaves your hair in good volume.below i have given the required ingredients.....
    take sufficient quantity of mehindi according to ur hair length,mix 1egg,2spoons methi powder,1lime,2spoons shikakai powder and make into a paste and apply it and leave it for 1hour,and wash with a good shampoo to find ur hair flowing in gr8 volume.

As a natural conditioner pluck some shoeflower leaves and soak them in water for 3hours and pour it over your head after shampooing is done.massage your scalp and leave it for 2-3mins and wash your hair.you will surely notice the difference.

-[​IMG]--smileypooja

3. sheelasimon

sheelasimon New IL'ite

dear shanthi.
    for dull and dry hair- mix egg white, lemon juice and coconut and apply on your scalp .
    after 15 min. do hot towel for 10 min, then wash hair with mild baby shampoo.
    i tried this treatment on my daughter. very good experience.

4. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sheela,

Ur Tip Sounds Good ,but I Have A Doubt Ie What Is The Duration Of Gap Between For Applying On Hair.
    If We Apply On Monday Then When Is The Next Time I Need To Apply??
    And Inbetween What Kind Of Care To Be Taken??

Bye,

Shashi.

5. priyas

priyas New IL'ite

HI
    I have a severe hairfall for the last 6months and before that I used to use hait starightener but not anymore.I have dabur amla hair oil,coconut oil,olive oil nd then the himalaya hair revitalising hair oil.I dont know which one to use.My hair looks dull and very thin when i tie a pony tail.I would like to have a bouncing hair.And also Im not a good vegetable eater.any suggestions is great.thanks.

6. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

It will be good to use the coconut oil and the olive oil together for your hairs this will be very good for them and natural too.

7. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

thank you seeba . I was out of city. Thanks a lot.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  8. Saideeps

Saideeps Bronze IL'ite

Homemade Hair Care Tips

Mayonnaise

Want to soften hair and leave it shiny? Then mayonnaise is the conditioning condiment for you. Comb just enough mayo through your hair to coat it lightly. Then leave on for 30 minutes before shampooing out per normal. For a deeper conditioning treatment, place a shower cap on top of your mayo-coated locks and leave on for longer (even overnight if you’re feeling extra dry). Other interesting uses? Next time you get gum stuck in your hair, rub Mayo in until the gum dissolves right out

Vinegar

Used for centuries as health tonic, this tasty, tangy acid can help remove residue that dulls your hair. Add about a tablespoon of vinegar to your hair as you rinse it. And if you have an itchy scalp or dandruff, try massaging full-strength apple cider vinegar into your scalp before shampooing. In addition to adding shine to your hair, vinegar is also known for its skin healing properties.

Eggs

Finally! A way to benefit from eggs' natural proteins without the cholesterol! Crack a few eggs and beat together in bowl. After shampooing, massage through your hair and leave on before rinsing out thoroughly. This treatment should help repair or strengthen your hair follicles -- leading to silkier locks with good body. Alternate ideas include whisking one egg yolk together with a dash of olive oil and 3/4 cups warm water.

9. nimurty

nimurty Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    rosemary is very good for hair just see the attachment

Attached Files:

10. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Homemade Hair Care Tips

Hey Saideeps

:thumbsupVery nice tips. I hope I should use Vinegar since I have dandruff and itching scalp. Thank you for your very nice tips and for sharing with us.

Regards,

Raji