1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it POSSIBLE for a Guy to be Bachelor Forever in India ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jatin656, Nov 4, 2013.

1. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

I used to say it to them when i was a little boy but on the serious note YUP, for the first time.

it is common for many men
    I hope it is because i have yet to see a guy who is single in his 30's.

2. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

I have seen a lot of married men and honestly, they don't really look that happy. :coffee

3. Ranger

Ranger New IL'ite

It is possible to live bachelor forever...Adopt a kid, have great close friendships , and enjoy life ! In fact i remember reading in newspaper about a single-dad (adopted kid) . Go for it bro...India with massive population can use a few more bachelors...

4. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

Thanks. But i am not really interested in adoption either. Having a dog is a much better option in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

OP, As you said you are not even of government decided age to get married, you can take things slowly.

Your views may change, with due time or may not change. But for your question it is possible to remain single ofcourse you need to be ready for lots of emotional blackmailing and intrusive questions from others in due course.

Even Vajpayee and others were also common people in their early lives.

2 people like this.
  6. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

I totally understand why you do not want to marry. Life gets complicated when you do. What if you divorce or have children in a rocky marriage? It is not good. To much stress can lead to a very unhappy and unfullfilled life.

If you know what you want, I get you. I am not judging you at all. Some people are not into that scene. I also know a few guys that do not want a commitment.

3 people like this.
  7. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Let me be frank with you. There are three reasons why elders in India want guys to get married:

1. They want to have grandkids. Someone to take the family name forward and see the family grow and all that.
    2. They don't want their son to be alone after their death.
    3. They want their son to be married by a "certain" age because they know that it's only natural for people to have sexual desire and Indians condemn sex without marriage. So if you're not married, you will have sex without marriage, which they don't want AT ALL.

But, to answer your question, yes, it is totally possible to be a bachelor for life. The society doesn't stigmatize a single guy the way they stigmatize a single girl. In all probability, you will have an awesome time in your 30s. However, by the time you're in your 40s and all your friends and family are busy with their kids and their own lives, you'll need "someone to come home to". Your parents' priorities will change and after they pass away, you might get lonely. Still, wait to see if that happens. For all you know, you might never feel the need for a woman or companion in your life. Don't get married just because others want you to.

11 people like this.
  8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Forgot to mention in my earlier post, You wanted to know some common man being single even in 30's right!! I know someone who is unmarried at his mid 40's. Of course, his reason is different. The girl he loved died before they got married so he never married and stays busy with work and he is raising his sibling's kid.

Staying single or not is completely your choice, but IMO one needs companion, it can be a friend, spouse, parent, kid, or someone else.. but it is difficult for most of the Indian society to accept anything apart from the institution of marriage.

2 people like this.
  9. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

you need to be ready for lots of emotional blackmailing and intrusive questions from others in due course.
    Yup. I know it.
    I still remember my grandma saying to my mom once " I hope i would remain alive to see your kid marriage"
    Sorry grandma. Not gonna happen in this lifetime. I can't even count the number of relatives i have including my maternal's maternal uncle and all that.
    console1

Seriously.
    I seriously hope my views would not change. lol.

10. jatin656

jatin656 Senior IL'ite

How about a dog ?
    A man's best friend. :cool2: