1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When to have? Totally confused!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by strong03, Oct 30, 2013.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

It is important that you have a medical checkup before you try to conceive.Your thyroid levels and sugar level should definately be within the normal range.I think 29 is the correct age and should not be delayed anymore,I had mine at 26 and and pregnant with my second,I am 29 now,the early you have the baby the easy it is to manage them.

2. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Ansuya, I agree with u and that's what I have written in my entire long explanation. Have a baby only when and if you are ready to. What I meant to say in the population of India context is that..... overthinking a matter doesn't help....especially when u do want kids. Imagine a situation where u do want kids and u are stressing over every single thing. One of the main cause of infertility today is stress.

And.....there is no right parenting.....we all do what we can do best. If one can handle the situations that may arise, have a baby. If not, don't.

3. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Even i am in the same boat. Totally confused doh1

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with the above sentence. Age shouldn't be a criteria to having a baby. Emotional maturity, financial security a strong marriage are probably other things you may need to consider before TTC.
    Remember, when you cuddle someone else's baby, you can choose to give it back when you are done and the baby is the parents problem after that. You can't do that with your child, once she comes she is here to stay. It will change your life forever, sometimes for the better but there are going to be times where you are going to want to pull your hair out in frustration. Raising another human being is not a piece of cake!
    The mistake I made when I had my older one was that I thought 4yrs down the line I will have my life back and can be done! I was dead wrong, here we are 12yrs later and I'm nowhere near DONE. Today my mom called me worried about my LO who is having some issues now and she told me once you choose to become a parent you are going to worry about your child till your dying day, so you are never going to be done being a Mom.
    Btw, I hope I didn't scare you after all that gyaan. Happy parenting!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Rosierose

Rosierose New IL'ite

Hey Stong..

its good that you have started your analysis in having a kid..rather than having a kid on DH, MIL or relatives compulsion..

You and your DH are the ones to decide on when to have kid. But once you are into it , having a kid, there is no way to come back...you will be a parent for ever. Playing with a smiling kid is easy but to keep the kid smiling, the parents have to do a lot of work. lots of patientce, energy is needed, infact financial security is far more importanat these days.

Make sure you have a circle of relatives or friends apart from your DH who can help you in case of emergencies.

29 years is good to have a kid atleast the first one... doing a check up with a gynae is a plus.

Have a kid only when you are ready to do all the related chores whole heartedly.

All the Best...

6. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

It is better to have baby before 30 for a female so that baby will get every thing best out of you.

Also bringing the child up till marriage both the parents have to be in good mental/physical health (father/mother before they turn 60 should get their ward married)

1 person likes this.