1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my 5 wk baby has wet cough!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ds0612, Oct 31, 2013.

1. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies...my daughter is 5 wks old...she caught a wet cough from my preschool going son who has cough too. he is doing fie but its my baby. I m running humidifier steamer...brestfeeding her...wht else should I do for her cough to go away. im eating raw vamu and eating lot of garlic. she has lot of phlegm which shes unable to spit. I m using bulb to suck it out but she cries a lot. I went to doc twice to get her chest checked. her chest is clesr too...ppls advice ladies

saroja

2. Susmithavijay

Susmithavijay Bronze IL'ite

Hi saroja,
    u can try sambhrani dhoopam .. Which is very gud for clearing phlegm. Dont give her headbath. Don't panic infant babies can make their way out of it very soon unlike us.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are doing everything right. Keep the humidifier on all the time. Also, what helps my DD is steam inhalation. I used to run the shower in the bathroom on hot water and stand there with her. It used to help.
    Also, dont be afraid if she is vomiting. Thats the best way to get rid of the phlegm.

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  5. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

I tried sambhrani dhoopam...it loosened her phlegm a little bit..i will try again today. thanks

6. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks dear

7. Susmithavijay

Susmithavijay Bronze IL'ite

This is the reason we put sambhrani dhoopam for babies immediately after their head bath. U also avoid taking phlegm causing foods like curd, and citrus fruits, as u r breast feeding her for few days.

8. luckyhappy

luckyhappy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

You can apply castor oil on the head and rub it till you get a bubble and then apply haldhi on it.it removes cold and cough.also apply vicks on the legs and put socks and show thw sambhrani dhoopam it works.