Hartals and Bandhs - Why? How can we control it?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by aabcii, Nov 16, 2007.

1. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends

I feel its very shame full still our state is not freed from hartals and bandhs.Always one or other form there will be bandhs and hartals.Actually who is benefited students housewifes or politician or Govt Servants.When other states are working and our state in enjoying bandhs .Its time to stop such activities.Still common people are innocent. It should be banned and should not make for simple reason where nothing to show one form of democracy.What should be done to control this bandhs.

2. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Re: What happend to kerala

Our dear aabcii,

Welcome to Indusworld of friends and thoughtful topic on hartals and bandhs.
    It has become a fashon and sort of pride to certain political leaders and parties to conduct all sorts of Hartals and Bandhs, which is a disturbance to common people and they suffer.
    Time for the Supreme Court to direct all states that there can be agitations in some corner of the city or state capitals by the way of dharna's than abruptly stopping all activities of the states functioning. No common public should suffer and economy of the nation deprived due to bandhs and hartals.

Subbu

3. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Hi Subbu

nice ..but its seen that most takes place in our state only rather than other parts of states ... only in our state .. but by the interaction of common man most can be stopped .but common ppl should come front ..

4. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello aabcii,
    i really appreciate u :hatsoff,generally no one(keralites) will discuss abt this,actuallly my friends say it with proud,they r communist,so they'll do like this only :-(
    last month i went to guruvayoor,some BJP 3-4 ppl murdered so they blocked the rd,bandh for a week,luckily v entered kerala at 5.30pm,so v were in the rd for half an hr only,but others have to suffer a lot from morning 6 to evening 6 bandh. general ppl should think abt this & stop this ...

5. padma sankaran

padma sankaran New IL'ite

The people in Kerala seem to enjoy the unscheduled holidays they get on these hartal and bandh days. The political parties are so cleaver they sometimes plan these hartals around long holidays, or weekends. The public here so obediently obeys the rules and any hartal called for is generally a success.

Its time people stop co operating with the political parties and stay indoors
    on the hartal days. there were stray incidents of attacks on people who tried to defy and get out on hartal days. But if everyone defies and gets out I am sure we can fight this antisocial issue. We all have to think of the people who depend on the daily wages to feed their families. No Court ruling will be as effective as the action of the people. Its time we stood against such antisocial activities.

6. suminanda

suminanda New IL'ite

no padma no. definitely we are not enjoying harthals. do you?
    we curse those days. what to do.............we have no other go........
    in fact, these unworthy politicians transform our state to a hell.

it's painful to see that our state has deterioreated in every aspects.
    even in the matter of hygeine,cleanliness and other basic concerns...........
    remember the recent piece of news about our sasthamcottah backwaters
    god's own country..............kerala ?

regards...............suminanda

7. siji

siji New IL'ite

hey,
    thats a good thread. the people who call for hartals and bandhs don't lose anything , but the common people do.keralites who work hard and obey the rules and become deciplined the minute they stepped out of their region. but won't try anything except white color jobs in native place. they might be educated but don't know how to use it prodctively, and everybody try to become rich just by a lucky lottery. we don't have faith or confidence in our resourses and powers.its mainly because of our stinking politics.we just look at others what they have and become desp.kerala is the state which produses most no. of proffessionals in every year, but how many work here, or get chance to be here.?we are the most richest state but look at our infrastucture!
    we work hard , pay taxes, but what do we get back? the bandhas ,harthals....
    i feel ashamed of saying god s own country to my friends who come for a visit from other places of the world

8. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

hello friends

Nice to read ur comments abt this post. Can any suggest the way to stop or atleast to reduce it .. There is no use of continuning this

9. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Living in kerala.. what i feel is people dont have the courage to go against these stupid politicians. We get scared by them..As a student i have suffered a lot cuz our exam calender would totally change whnever there is a hartal.. cuz the universities would declare holidays on hartal.

BUt for last 1 year more and more people are coming out against hartals.. cuz now even politicians are admitting tht these hartals are affecting our economy. Cuz of this now the no.of hartals have reduced a lot.

10. sheelasimon

sheelasimon New IL'ite

In my opinion , there is very little we can do to control such stuff. Even though we are a few nation, we are enslaved to such happenings on a daily basis.. The only solution would be to elect socially responsible leaders ( i doubt if they exist).