May 2014 Mom to Be Club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ruthwithus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi SM,

Very informative and nice replies.

Thank u for the info on.
    NT scan results are combined with blood reports.
    I have an US appointment on this Thursday .After which I have taken a blood test
    appointment.Now thinking if I have to get blood test reports first and then go for US.
    :confused2:
    Also they haven't given me Iron in particular.the prenatal tablet has all in 1 pill.
    Hence I dint have option to skip it.
    For this week have added banana and more water and also salad.
    It has been better.Hope it stays this way.

@Harinideep,
    I read if you eat oily items more vomiting sensation.
    may be poori caused it.try eating small freq meals dear.
    Also as SM suggested salted ginger helps.I also love to lick pickles.:banana

hi Aarthi,
    I was also out the whole day.
    I don't think so it will really affect.
    As some1 quoted, scientifically no one has proved it.
    So chill dear.relax and enjoy.

Hearty congrats Sowmya,
    Keep up your positive spirit dear.
    I really admire your courage.we all will post our baby pics in may.
    now although time seems to go slow.After few months we will wonder how time flew bye.
    tc

I am eagerly waiting to complete my first trimester.
    After the scan if they say I am in week 10 or 11.
    Should I follow that or should i follow from my LMP?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am from june due date club and love to join this club too. At present I am in 8 week and I am having a scan on 5th in which I maybe in 9th week.

Can you please give me a list of tests in sequence? I mean I finished the 6th week scan in which we could see heartbeat. so what will be the next scan? and what will it be for?

Love,
    Vidya

3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi Gae3,

Bloodwork can be done anytime after 10 weeks and before 13 weeks 6 days. So I did it 2-3 days before the scan and they got the reports and gave me combined results. Last time, I think the bloodwork reports were not in before the scan, that's ok too.
    After few days, I called the doctor's office, and they said all was fine and it was negative.
    So even if you do bloodwork afterwards, it should be okay.
    Yeah prenatals have basic iron in them which we need, that's good. I was anemic last time, so they started me on iron tablets, other than the prenatal ones after 5-6 months, that's why I asked. We need the basic iron.
    Also try to have dates, spinach and lots of greens as much as possible.

At all times, you should follow what the doctor says as far as the date goes.
    They usually never change the date, unless required.
    12th week scan is also called a dating scan, where they can accurately say the due date. So do ask during scan, if due date remains same or if it changes.
    After the 12th week, they usually never change the date.

For me, last time, in last few weeks, the scan was showing due date 1-2 weeks early, but doctor said we won't count that, we will only count the 12th week due date.

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  4. SuccessMinded

Hi Tinygirl,

In US we usually have doctor appointment every 4 weeks since the first time you visited the doctor, till about 28 weeks, then its every 2 weeks. Then after 35 weeks, it is every week check.
    In my case, last time and this time, my doctor prefers to do an ultrasound in every visit. There is no hard and fast rule for this, I know many doctors who don't do scans in every visit and just ask questions.
    So each doctor is different.
    It is covered by my insurance, so I like the ultrasounds as I can see the baby.
    And I have some previous histories due to which doctor prefers to do regular scans.

For bloodwork, the schedule is usually as soon as you get a positive, you do bloodwork for HCG count and a full OB Panel for all the counts.
    Then, around 12 weeks for downsyndrome, then around 16-17 weeks for second trimester screening for birth defects, this results they combine with the 20th week anomaly scan and tell us that baby doesn't have birth defects etc..

Around 28 weeks, you will have GTT which is Glucose Tolerance Testing.
    In this, you will have a sweet liquid, and they take bloodtest after 1 hour. If it is negative great, if it is positive, then they ask you to do a 3 hour test. In this you take a sweet liquid (its too sweet), then after every hour for 3 hours, they take bloodtest. And then they can see if you have gestational diabetes or not.
    If you do, then you will have to maintain diet according to that. If not, no problem.

Around 30-32 weeks, we have growth scan to see growth of baby. I went for a 4D scan at that time last time, and got a clear picture of the features of the baby.

After 35 weeks, they monitor us for seeing if dilation, if baby is coming down, if baby is in birth position i.e. head down etc..
    After 37 weeks, you are full-term and baby can do well outside anytime its born.
    But its better if close to 39-40 weeks since lungs are still forming after 37 weeks.

Hope this gives you a full idea!

SM

5. SuccessMinded

Tinygirl,

Hearing the heartbeat with a doppler is lot of fun, your doctor may do in next visit. Record on phone if you like, so can hear whenever you want.

Also, in some countries like UK, they have doctor visits only at 12 and 20 weeks. Rest of the time, they meet midwife and ask questions.

Each countries pattern is different.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your pregnancy Harini & Crazy one. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!
    Hi GOD is one & Soumya,
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!
    Congrats again tiny girl! :)

7. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

My doctor did not mention anything about NT scan yet. She said there will be a head to toe scan around 20 weeks. Is it the same?

8. SuccessMinded

the 20th week scan is the Anomaly scan, its not the same as 12th week NT scan.
    NT scan is for downsyndrome screening. It is optional, that is why your doctor may not have recommended.
    My doctor is very particular about it.
    Just go by what your doctor says... will pray you have a heathy baby

2 people like this.
  9. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I am not going to do NT scan for down syndrome, as it is optional. We did not do it with first pregnancy either. Anatomy scan is scheduled for December second week. I think it depends on the doctor, so don't worry about anything and enjoy the pregnancy. Soon we all will be in second trimester and will say goodbye to morning sickness.Cheers for that.....:cheers

1 person likes this.
  10. SuccessMinded

Cheers to that Crazymom!
    Waiting for that day, when nausea decreases..
    :cheers

1 person likes this.