'Mom-to-be' in November 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Beryl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Msvirgo

Msvirgo New IL'ite

Helloo everyone,
    me too returning after a long long time to this club but with a new ID cuz i forgot my password:bonkMy DD is now 11 months and 2 week old...she is getting naugtier day by day and its fun to watch her do all new things...
    1. she doesnt crawl but can get into a sitting positon from stomach.
    2.claps her hands when i say clap..
    3.cruises by holding the sofa.
    4.she stands alone momentarily and takes 4 steps...
    I just remember the other days where she would only lay in the bed and play. but now she is trying to be independent...time really flies so fast...

how are all your little ones doing???? next month our LO's will be completing a year...so what plans????

Regards,
    Arefa :)

2. Msvirgo

Msvirgo New IL'ite

The only problem is that my LO doesnt take any fruits. no juice nothing.she absolutely hates them... she eats only banana... any other ways where i can give her fruits???plz suggest:bowdown... can i give her mixed fruit jam now with bread???? she likes bread....

1 person likes this.
  3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi Arefa,

What was your username before?

MY DD is also 11 months and 10 days.. she does most of the things you said..
    claps, says bye bye, tries to speak a lot and makes sounds full day and says papa etc..
    she stands with support and walks with support, not by herself yet..
    not sure about the meals part.. i am struggling trying to give her balanced meals and give her lots of pureed jars and foods for lack of time, but want to do better.

can others give ideas on what to give for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

4. Msvirgo

Msvirgo New IL'ite

Hi Successminded,
    Username was Arefaamin.had a joined a month before my delivery and went inactive :)
    We mothers always feel that whatever we do for our los is less.. i am constantly thinking am i a good mother?? sigh!!!

for breakfast i give- roti,upma,idli and cerelacs
    lunch- dal and vegies and rice or kichdi
    evening- banana or biscuits
    dinner- milk rice or ragi or cerelacs or kichdi
    i breast feed her three times that is mid morning, late noon and in the night when she sleeps. in the middle of the night also.
    formula only once after dinner some 150 ml but she doesnt finish it.leaves some 30 ml.. i give her sometimes in the evening also...

5. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Yes Arefa, I remember you!

You are giving all healthy foods to your child.. nice for you!
    I don't remember the last time I cooked healthy meals.. just giving purees and jars.. feeling terrible..
    I a working full-time and expecting another baby, so life is crazy right now..

1 person likes this.
  6. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Hi SM,
    How are you? Congrats for your pregnancy. How do you manage your kid along with pregnancy? My baby is so naughty, can't stay in one place for a second.

Hi Arefaamin,

My baby was eating all types of food. But for the last two weeks she went on hunger strike. I was so depressed. She has one tooth and the other one is erupting. Day before yesterday I gave her deworming syrup. Yesterday she again started to eat but the quantity is less.

1 person likes this.
  7. Msvirgo

Msvirgo New IL'ite

Congrats SuccessMinded for the baby no 2....... hats off to you. how do you manage evrything :bowdown...there is nothing to feel guilty dear. Im not working and have ample time in hand so i give her home cooked.I am sure if i was in your place would have done same thing as you. cheer up:). may be after work you can give kichdi to her for dinner.its very simple dish and less tim consuming... you need some veggies like carrot/beans and potato, rice and any dal like masoor or moong.2:1 ratio. little turmeric,salt and pepper and water. put everything in pressure cooker and cook. mashed it and put little ghee and feed her. she will enjoy.my dd like this.
    Take care of your health...when are you due???

2 people like this.
  8. Msvirgo

Msvirgo New IL'ite

Hello Mercyagin,
    Tooth fairy yet to visit my home:bonkI guess because of teething your babby is on hunger strike... i read that during teething period babies refuse to eat as their gums are sore,they pass loose stools and some get fever. to ease the gum pain give teether or simply massage her gums with you finger.this will give her some relief. some chilled food like apple puree or yoghurt chilled in freezer will give some relief than the warm food.... once the other tooth comes up everything will be back to normal :)

1 person likes this.
  9. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Hey you can try fruit puree with roti. Bread sometimes causes constipation in kids. If she likes sweet then add dates syrup in the puree.

10. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Arefa, if your child likes upma then you can also try giving sheera which is the sweet version of upma. You make fruit upma my adding grated fruits of your choice. Last week, I tried apple sheera, it tasted good.