Having a baby in AAdi month(july 17 to Aug16)

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by supriya84, Oct 27, 2013.

1. supriya84

supriya84 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Please help me with this query.I have been TTC for the past 2 months. In south indian culture I have heard that having a baby in chitirai month is not good.But recently when googling I read some posts which say having a baby in Aadi is also not good for the family/Dad..... this is new to me but I believe these things and if it is a custom then I want to try and avoid it...

Please dont give advises saying , these are BS don't believe it... Im an educated professional but from a small age I have been believing and following all spiritual/cultural related stuff....

so the question is like Chitirai is aadi also not good to have a baby ?I just want to make sure so that I dont ttc in the coming month that's all,,, however im also hoping to conceive soon so want to know if this "aadi " stigma is true as i dont want to postpone if this custom is not true? pls help

regards

2. supriya84

supriya84 Senior IL'ite

Aadi month Baby ?

Hi Ladies,

Please help me with this query.I have been TTC for the past 2 months. In south indian culture I have heard that having a baby in chitirai month is not good.But recently when googling I read some posts which say having a baby in Aadi is also not good for the family/Dad..... this is new to me but I believe these things and if it is a custom then I want to try and avoid it...

Please dont give advises saying , these are BS don't believe it... Im an educated professional but from a small age I have been believing and following all spiritual/cultural related stuff....

so the question is like Chitirai is aadi also not good to have a baby ?I just want to make sure so that I dont ttc in the coming month that's all,,, however im also hoping to conceive soon so want to know if this "aadi " stigma is true as i dont want to postpone if this custom is not true? pls help

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome Supriya84 sister to IL family,

Please help yourself reading the earlier discussion on this Query, I guess will help you to ease out.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy-and-labor/222754-baby-in-aadi-masam.html

IMO, Everything is almighty's wish and predestined, so dont worry on these supersitions, carry on and you will be blessed with what is destined for your family,

Best wishes, May Baba bless you and guide you always, Sairam

May the festival of lights, bring illumination brightly in our lives.

4. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Hi, A baby (a gift from God) will not bring bad luck to his/her family just by being born in a particular month. In ancient times, people believed several things according to their circumstances. For example, a group of people living in a very hot/cold place may not have felt it the wisest thing to have a baby at the hottest/coldest time of the year. Dont worry about these things now. :thumbsup

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

My husband and 2 of my cousins were born in Aadi and all of them and their dads are doing absolutely fine... no issues for any of them!

Don't worry about things that aren't really in your control.

6. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Please do not believe in such stupid things. Yes I was also in the same mind state when I was pregnant,surfing google and sitting mad whole day(due date was Aug 12th). My granny (80+) told there is no such concept and all..only aadi-chithirai concept is true as in olden days, babies will suffer to extreme due to summer heat..Nowadays we don't have to worry about that too. There is no house without AC. So please stop thinking and concentrate on TTC. God knows what to do and when.. My DD was born on aadi month and DH was also born on aadi. My PILs are doing good and we are also doing great.