Moving to UK- Please advice

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by sunandha, Sep 25, 2007.

1. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Sunandha,

As soon as you come to UK, you will go to your local surgery and register with the GP. As you are 22 weeks pregnant they immedialtely start the process of assigning you a Obgyn as well as a mid-wife for you. Your monthly check-ups will be with your mid wife and at the end the main consultant will come into picture. They will give you an option of selecting your own hospital for the delivery. So dont worry about that..

I am not sure about the area so i will better leave it to Huma. Good luck with the move and have a safe pregnancy..

2. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I don't know if I am too late in replying .I thought I might reply as I have been living in London for the past two yrs.Houslow is an area where there are lots of Indians.

Regarding your pregnancy,you will have to register with a General Practitioner as soon as you come here.Then you will also need to to look into hospitals in your area,which will be near to your house.Generally your GP will be checking you unless you have any complications.The GP will guide you on how to go about your delivery.As far as I know,you just have to go to your chosen hospital when you are getting pains.I have not personally delivered here and my info comes from friends who have delivered here.Goodluck !

3. Thripurasundari

Thripurasundari New IL'ite

Moving to UK. Please advice. Kindly reply.

Hi all,

I am thripurasundari, a Chennaiate. I came across this site through google. I found this site very useful. Would like to get some info from you all.

My husband is getting few offers in uk. We would like to get some inputs on the cost and quality of life which can help us in choosing the offer.

No of people in family- myself, my husband and 2.5 years old kid

Place: most probably London.

My questions are

1. Generally what could be monthly expense for a vegetarian family there?
    2. About schools?
    3. About taxation.

Is an offer of between 40k - 45k sterling per year is a good one (provided i am not working there)?

Please share your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Thripu

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  4. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

5. prekapal

prekapal New IL'ite

my advice wpould be to have ur baby in the US and then come here simply because u r comfortable with the people there. regd housng and schools, we have friends living in Langley and he goes to work in hounslow. there is a very good school there and quality of living is also good.

hope tis helps

6. srini

srini New IL'ite

Hi Sunandha, hopefully you have come and settled off well, gone past the dreadfull times, how's the new comer??