1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the logic behind this

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by gurpreetsingh, Oct 21, 2013.

1. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

OP, Next time you buy, ask your DH to give it to her without speaking a word, then see her gulp it and then tell that you went and bought it. :D

You should have informed her you bought it after she ate it and complimented it. Your mistake :p

Remember this saying-"Once they wrong you, shame on them, the second time they wrong you, shame on you".

I am sorry for making fun of you. I remember so many incidents where i have been naive and too nice to my MIL and she used to play me around like a rag doll. Now, I dont go out of my way to be extra nice, just treat her like an adult and now she does not treat so badly or not to my face atleast. Its strange but this is the fact.

3 people like this.
  2. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Count me in to have tried to find logic in why MIL didnt like the saree I got her or even acknowledge it to me. I was breaking my head why she ignored my question about the saree I bought for her (and this saree I got by roaming the entire shopping bazaar and when I had minimal finance)

Thinking back, how naive I was! Its not even worth thinking anything good for them. or even thinking about them.

1 person likes this.
  3. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Hi gal , what a nice idea... i was not so intelligent like you .. Anyways pastries is a very small thing .. so i dont mind..
    Same saree incident happend to me , i bought 2 sarees , one for myself and another for mil for diwali .. When I presented it to her , all I got was a long lecture on how the saree was not worth etc etc etc.. Frankly speaking i liked the saree that I had given her .. ( i would have wore it myself) But after few months , she asked me to get 2 sarees from a shop .. i went to the shop and selected sarees within 1 minute :) ...I just selected the first 2 sarees that I saw .. I feel that the loser is herself and not me .. Because if she was nice to me during diwali time, I would have selected the best ones during the shopping

4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Same here ..after the saree incident I just stopped taking any pains in selecting anything for her.. even if we both go to the stores I stopped giving my opinions and use to just nod for what ever she picks she use get so pissed of by my attitude but it was attitude that made me like this, had she been nice then I would have with full heart given my opinion and suggestions.

5. meja

meja Gold IL'ite

You cannot please everyone. You did your part so be it. But don't let it be a big deal, it's always good to have a cordial relationship with your in laws.

I'm lucky to have a nice MIL.

6. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

No problem. Experience is a big teacher!