1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am i missing something ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SiriVeda, Oct 18, 2013.

1. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

I don't think there is anything abnormal with your husband. Life with full of responsibilities can be quite stressful for anyone. It is hard to be happy 100% of the time. There is always something pending.

It has been long 7 years of marriage. Till date he showered affection on you. It is quite nice of time to do so. In many marriages, couples tend to be less touchy feely within first few years. So your current state of marriage is quite normal state for many others. I am not justifying it but asking you to make peace with it.

You focus on your pregnancy, delivery and challenging first few months with new born. It seems likely that he is going to detach himself much more from the daily chores. If possible, don't expect too much from him. Take help from your parents, in-laws. Hire extra maids to do household work.

He is asking you to be independent - at this stage of your life, it is an unreasonable demand. But his demand is not invalid. You need to be able to have good time without him also. If you are dependent on him for 100% of your good memories, it can be suffocating for him. He might feel compelled to spend every single free minute with you but he might be longing to have few pegs in bar with his friends. But this is not appropriate time for him to make such demand though.

Right now, please make peace with the fact that what is happening in your marriage is quite normal. Focus on your pregnancy. Take outside help. Give the extra space that he wants, hard to do though.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Am I the only one who thinks it is extremely insensitive to say this to a pregnant wife?

While you may be the touchy feelly kind who craves closeness with him...it is unlikely that you have suddenly become so.How can he suddenly get irritated by this behavior? Anyways...just because he is feeling this way is no reason for him to wish away his responsibility and crave for a "bachelor's life".He should have thought of that before taking on the responsibility of a second child.

Just leave him alone for sometime and see if he still craves the freedom to be a bachelor...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    10 people like this.
  3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

No. I felt he was quite insensitive. BUT I don't want OP to resolve this issue now. I don't want her to argue/fight/convince/cry/be disappointed at this stage. I think that in the process of solving this problem, OP might have to go through severe emotions, hence my caution to just leave it as it is for now and solve it after she delivers the child.

3 people like this.
  4. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

Thank you so much for all the replies...I know my problem is not a big one, but it kept bothering me so much that I started having sleepless nights....So I posted it here and knew I would get very valuable advices.

As suggested Iam trying to give him as much "his" time as possible. I stopped asking him for more time, stopped being around when he wants to be alone... May be this pregnancy has made me too clingy and needy as one of our friends suggested....

Instead of troubling him, Iam diverting myself by reading or doing some work or the other...I guess this is all I can do now.

Once again thanks to each and everyone.

Sirisha

2 people like this.
  5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear IndianGuy,

Thank you so much for such an understanding reply....I will surely do what you have suggested...

Sirisha

6. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

what is this 7 year itch ? kya hota hai ye , asa bhi khuch hota hai in married life:shock:

7. yellowmango

seven year itch

The seven year itch is a point that a lot of couple go through. It is the point when you have been together so long that you are tired/bored with your partner, but you have not been together long enough to have accepted the rhythm that is being in a relationship. Some people miss being single and would like a different partner. Other people just miss the freedom of being single and having no strings attached but they do not want another partner. It is a "rough" patch in a relationship.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion...the itch if it has to happen can start at any time and for most people the relationship gets stronger by the seventh year. If people have to stray...they don't restrict themselves to certain years.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

This is not a myth...we are 7 yrs and are itching crazy...

9. yellowmango

surrendersmiley
    As long as both are itching it is fine......gigglingsmiley

10. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

What your husband experiencing is result of long term process.In general men dont express problems esp emotional one.They tend to bottle up and then blast when it is just above their tolerance limit.
    So first thing first dont go in denial mode.This is big problem and thats why you are loosing your sleep.
    I also agree at this stage you need lot of emotional support.Your husband do not have capacity to give it you,infact he is so much repulse by your emotional demands that he want to run away to another country where you cant reach!
    I think in such a case expecting him to tolerate and continue to full fill your emotional needs is not going to work against your marriage.You need to find emotional support from ladies in your family.Women are good at it too.100 times better than men .Its their in fact natural tendency.