1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

House of cards

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Oct 2, 2013.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Anyone watching the Netflix series House of Cards here?

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's been in my Netflix queue since forever. I've been meaning to start it but keep getting caught up in other series. I just got done with 'Orange is the new black' and 'The Killing'. Have you seen those? Loved 'The Killing', but OTNB became a bit boring towards the end.

3. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

I liked Orange is the New Black. I think I finished it in a week. It did get a bit repetitive towards the end, but ended on an interesting note. Let's see what happens in the next season.

I also watched House of Cards. Honestly speaking, I found it a little hard to follow because I am not super abreast with American politics and the hierarchy of different offices here. But, it's still very interesting to watch and I liked it quite a bit. They do a good job of grabbing your attention right in the first episode. I've heard the British version is even better. Thinking of watching it sometime.

4. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

I watched house of cards and liked it...planning to start with orange is the new black

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

ONTB is next on my list! House of Cards, I watched it like a crazed lunatic the first time. I was briefly unemployed after moving out of Texas to a different state and while I was supposed to be applying for jobs, I binge watched House of Cards!! After watching the first episode, I was so hooked, I finished the entire series in 3 days and just finished watching it the second time now, with hubby!! I am very eagerly waiting for Season 2. Kevin Spacey is an actor par excellence :)

I haven't heard of "The Killing". Is that a Netflix series too?

AS86, I do not know much about American politics either. But I found it very riveting nevertheless, especially the plot. The relationship between Frank and Claire and their characterization, I found it to be very intriguing and the way they had woven it into the plot.

Gauri,

6. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

I haven't watched HOC, but heard good reviews about that...
    seeing all your reviews, I cant wait to watch it
    Currently watching Breaking Bad, Another mind blowing series.. Very realistic and subtle touches here and there with a gripping storyline!