Welcome Nov 2013 Moms :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by LLavanya, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have also had some cramping, but not sure how much is under tolerable limits.. do share any insights you have gained so far..

2. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I have a major concern with my gynaec.. She does not respond to all our queries and just pushes the topic to something else. Wondering if I should continue with her considering that the D-Day is fast approaching and scared with the experiences I have had so far.. Pls suggest.. Has anyone else experienced this?

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am sreelata. My due date is november 23rd, expecting our second kid. would like to join the group :)

How is everyone doing? take care everyone...

1 person likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Sree Lata. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!
    Take care.

5. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Congrats Sreelata.
    Eat healthy & stay healthy! Enjoy every moment!
    Take care.

6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm 38 weeks pregnant now and was wondering when it becomes too late to drive? I've started having pre-labor symptoms since last Friday. A dull backache and cramping in my thighs and lower abdomen. My heartburn is back with a vengeance. And of course, Braxton-Hicks, lots of them. Friday and Saturday, I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions once every 20 minutes for 5-6 hours! Been having them again this morning. I know this might not mean anything in terms of when real labor will start. I have not lost my mucous plug yet, and baby has not dropped.

I've started my maternity leave but I still need to drive to my NST appointments and pick up my son from kindergarten. I honestly don't have a choice either. My husband has meetings in the evening and there is no way he can pick up my son. My SIL will be around to help starting next week, but I have to do it this week. Is it okay to keep driving until I actually go into labor. Anyone has any experience with this?

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Gauri,

I really don't know if we can drive in 38w. Better to avoid it. Even, am daily picking up my son and I feel little uncomfortable with the belt on my tummy. How do you manage that part? At 38w, tummy will be big enough and still are you comfortable to drive?

Let's see what other ladies say about this.

8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, it's not comfortable at all. I have to push my seat far back to stop my tummy from touching the steering wheel. I tuck the belt strap under my belly. Getting in and out is also very awkward. I guess I'll have to somehow manage this one week. Don't have a choice.

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I can imagine as am going through it. Better, ask someone to accompany you who knows driving or try to avoid it as you're already close to your due.. just my :my2cents take care !

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If it is just a matter of one week, cant you ask for permission from your son's KG for one week off? Nothing is worth risking yours and your LO's health at this last stage.

I had similar probs... Since i had no options I too struggled a lot with works prior to delivery... But at week 36 I was measuring small plus there was a sign of BP with overall swlling in me. Had got infections too. Then i was compelled to take bed rest with medication till delivery. That helped the baby to grow.. But i ended up having the same infection post delivery with fever. This prolongs my recovry... Btw... My doctor strictly warned me not to drive and avoid traveling after 37 weeks. B