Anyone from Mysore?

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by sowjvin, Nov 26, 2006.

1. AnuradhaRaghavendran

AnuradhaRaghavendran New IL'ite

Hi

My native place is near mysore. I did my post graduation in Mysore.
    We were in US for 2 years. Now in Chennai, I am happily settled.
    Good to see so many mysoreans in Chennai.

Anu

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I was born in Mysore. Right now I live in US.But would love to hear from mysoreans.

3. geethasuganthi

geethasuganthi New IL'ite

luckily i am in mysore

luckily now i am in mysore. njoying he pleasant climate... comparing to all cities i think mysore is best. but nowadays things are getting changed because of pollution, IT industry .... hard to accept pub culture is started in mysore also

4. kalpanaven

kalpanaven New IL'ite

Hi Mysoreans

I am from jayalkshmi puram, kalidasa Road. Currently living in Johannesburg South Africa from the past 10 years. Worked in SBI Joburg for 8 years. My husband is a medical doctor and grew up in agrahara,. We only have 2 kannada speaking families here. and few IT guys. Extremely happy to talk to you all.

Really miss mysore.:hiya

kalpana

5. mallika105

mallika105 New IL'ite

Please post your response in the website IndusLadies.com in the message thread within the respective forum. Email response will not reach the members. The below email you received was an automatic notification from the site when someone posted a reply to the thread to which you are subscribed.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Regards,
    The IndusLadies Team
    Do you like Indusladies.com? Tell-A-Friend!

<HR tabIndex=-1 align=center width="100%" SIZE=3>
    Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:35 PM
    To: IndusLadies
    Subject: Re: Reply to thread 'Anyone from <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Mysore</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>?'

DEAR KALPANA .
    ys i understand how we miss our home town , and places where v have romaed . i was laso from jayalakshmi puram , shifted to vidyaranys puram , and later now in vijayanagar
    but i stay in chennai .....there is lot of kannada speaking ppl r there
    how is <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">ur</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> place ? anyway nice to meet u over the mail .keep mailing me
    with love
    mallika

6. vkswamy

vkswamy New IL'ite

Hello everyone!

I was born in Mysore, lived a few years in Chennai, currently in London. I love Mysore so much - the palace, Chamundi Hills, Gangotri, Kukkarahalli kere, KRS ..... I miss these places so much......

But on my last visit to Mysore, it was really strange....I felt like a stranger there as more and more people that I knew there had moved out. I felt a little disappointed. I also felt the place is starting to lose its charm - so many new people moving in that do not appreciate the calmness of Mysore. I hope I am wrong.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Mysore will always be Mysore. Its a calm city to live in. Anyday Mysore will always be a safe and welcoming city.I love mysore in dusshara festival.The whole city looks ornamental then.

8. kalpanaven

kalpanaven New IL'ite

yes. mysore is beautiful. I am away from India since 1990, but still when I go home, I feel a sense of safety, being loved and welcomed and of course nostalgia attached with school and college life, and those care free days.

It is the best city in the whole world.

kalpana

9. jyothikumar

jyothikumar New IL'ite

Re: anyone in mysore?

Hi Vanitha,

I am presently staying in mysore, working in Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Nice to hear some one in mysore. Where do you exactly stay in Mysore?

10. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Namaskaara,

My Mother's tavaru mane is Mysore, Krishnamurthy puram. I have many beautiful memories of Mysore, when me and my cousins(10 of us) would visit during summer holidays. My grand mom still stays there, and my Parents have built a home their now. Mysore is a paradise for relaxing and enjoying the hospitality of lovely people.
    I am settled in Singapore from past 10 yrs but every time we come to India we always visit Mysore. My children ( 11 & 7 yrs) enjoy the Aramane lighting, Chamundi hills etc.

Regards
    Lakshmi