1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Crazy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Akanksha1982, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

I remember there was a thread about isolation during mensuration just a few days ago. The link above also provides a perfect explanation for that! Read and be enlightened. (eyeroll)
    OP, as long as you have it under control, you are fine. Its all too normal.

2. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Right now, this is not doing any harm. In fact, it may be doing a lot of good. Looking and feeling better is hardly ever a bad thing. It's not a sin to want to appear attractive and well-groomed, as long as you're not doing it specifically and explicitly for this guy (in other words, in response to something he may have said to you).

You can even take all this new found enthusiasm and energy, and pride in your appearance, and channel it into your marriage. Right now, the guy at work is blissfully unaware of all this stuff going on because of him (and it should stay this way), but this may have real-world benefits for the guy at home, by adding a spark to your marriage and how you relate to your husband.

4 people like this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone. My feet are firmly rooted now. Anyway, due to diwali, was planning to take some days off anyway. So that will help as well.

4. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

It is a normal thing dear and I think it's irrelevant whether you are married or not. Just because you are married, doesn't make your hormones work lesser or towards any one particular person i.e. your DH. The only thing is one should know ones limits.

I was promoted to reply coz I had being in that situation. the only difference was i wasn't married. He was my TL, a very sweet guy. In fact i used to love my job just coz of him. In fact on days when he was absent, i used to feel very bad. but nothing more than that.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@ the link by vijayacmouli

What a load of BS!!!. Link between periods and getting hepatitis:eek:mg:

Men don't need to pray because the chances of getting good wife is very high....:biglaughin that case how about making the men follow these dharmas so the odds for women getting goos husbands get better.

What a load of BS!!!

3 people like this.
  6. DramaQueen

DramaQueen Silver IL'ite

Hi Akanksha,
    I feel that if this situation in office was not important you wouldnt have written on an anonymous forum to ask strangers for advise. The fact that you've raised the issue here shows that things are very slowly going out of hand. Do you get any vibes from the cute guy too? If yes, then pls pls take a U turn immediately. All EMAs start off like this. It's a "we are only friends" or "it's just a harmless coffee together during break" kind of thing, then it leads to exchange of nos and there it is... before you even know it! Once married, I think we should be slightly conscious of these things. You wouldnt want to see or hear about your DH in a similar situation, right?

7. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

lol...I was in the same situ. recently..I got infactuated to a middle east guy..butterflies in my stomach when I saw him ..One day I spoke and all the crush crushed...prrrrrrrrrr....hehe :rotfl

6 people like this.
  8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Good. If you start commuting 22 miles, then it is time to big worry. Right now, you are not treading dangerous waters. Just going through normal feelings that any human being would go through.

But, remember what you are going through is NOT SAME as how you would feel for a celebrity. No. This person is real, in your office and accessible. I think it is hard to control mind/heart matters. By using sound logic, we can put some constraints on them. You already seem to cautious and doing what is required.

By the way, continue your focus on looks, beauty, physique etc. These are good for your confidence.

3 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry.... there must be an Akansksha in your husband's office who goes to his aisle on pretexts... all this is window-shopping... good for the economy and good for the bank-accounts. :)

6 people like this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Woe is upon us fallen women! Thank you compassionate and kind person of the superior sex for reminding us how fragile our dignity is. We being only women are unable to reign in our puny, lustful minds. We blacken our souls by gazing upon forbidden fruit and forgetting our ancient dharma. We forget our revered mothers, Sita and Savitri, who showed us the true way of the Bharatiya nari. Our weakness will certainly bring down a plague upon the glorious culture of our great Bharatvarsha. :bowdown

9 people like this.