1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the Romance Alive!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RiddhimaT, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi suchi
    wil do it today.. really he would think as i was changed once dd came..

2. suchitrakumar

suchitrakumar Senior IL'ite

Dear Buvi
    That's very common and u should remain patient and make him understand he is more important to u and nothing changed bcos of the arrival of ur DD. And tell him u love him more now bcos of giving u a beautiful daughter and making you a mother, encourage him to spend time with you both. Quality time will bring both of u together. Be happy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi suchi
    he understood my changes. i asked him as i was changed after delivery. he said these days you were busy with dd and household work

4. SaRe1

SaRe1 Gold IL'ite

Ahem... well this one is from my fav movie Good will hunting. It is actually what I have been thinking about romance and intimacy and they gave words to my thought in this particular scene of the movie.

Sean talking about his dead wife to will...
    Sean: Will, she's been dead two years and that's the **** I remember. [Will stops laughing] Wonderful stuff, you know, little things like that. Ah, but, those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made her my wife. Oh, and she had the goods on me, too; she knew all my little peccadillos. People call these things imperfections, but they're not — aw that's the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds. You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you're findin' out that one is by givin' it a shot. You certainly won't learn from an old f***er like me. Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell a pissant like you.

5. mahek87

mahek87 New IL'ite

Wow nice topic !! . I would like to say men will be men mostly no matter how hard i try to change mine. He's still busy in his Football and cricket when he should be coming n talking about day or taking me out on dinner by taking initiative himself , not same old foresake when I bug him.

Though things are sweetened when he never ever forgets my birthday and brings me nice dress or saree or set of jewellery which i seem to have asked him and forgotten about :)..

6. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I just love when he comes home early when I have holiday. My idea of spending time together is watching a nice movie in TV sitting on the floor together. He loves to listen and sing old hindi melodies(Though only I can bear his singing!!)

2 people like this.
  7. vanivineela

vanivineela Silver IL'ite

Same with my DH too Buvi..
    I got delivered with a baby boy last month, am still at my mom's place. I am planning to go to my inlaws house during Jan.
    For about 10 days, my husband ws with me after my delivery.... dint come to hug me.. or spend time with me.. When asked, he always tells me that am busy with baby.. and other works. He keeps himself busy with his mobile or laptop. I really miss him but I donno if he feels the same. He is not at all expressive..Donno wt to do..

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Right now, relax at your mom's place, eat well, sleep well. While I have no idea how to rekindle the romance, I certainly know that you need to involve your husband in child care from NOW. He need to taste the difficulties of caring for a newborn.

Here is what you can try. Before you go to your in-laws place, make sure that your husband takes care of your son for one full day at least. You feed the baby and ask your husband to the rest of the work for that day. No help from any one else. Please give it a serious thought. Otherwise, it will be very hard on you with the newborn.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

no matter how much busy we are, at at night.......spend some time talking to each other...goodnight kiss... and hug....is a must.......

2 people like this.
  10. Ashaashwath

Ashaashwath New IL'ite

Any counselors available to help me in my relationship which has completed 19 years of marriage life...pls reply