1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband stuck in Mumbai & pregnant wife in Bangalore.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dhruva19, Oct 8, 2013.

1. dhruva19

dhruva19 Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

In my previous post I had talked of pregnant wife rejecting dream job offer.

I am now in Mumbai working in a MNC company. Money is great so left my pregnant wife and son
    In Bangalore as son also can't be moved to a new school in middleof the year.

I now write I Love You , I miss You SMS to her and when I call her she tells me that my
    Message's are lies :(.

I know its tough for my wife who never took so much big responsibility without my presence.

How to make her feel confident and bold to face her pregnancy. Pl share your views.

Cheers,
    Dhruva19

2. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

By finding a new job in Bangalore.

3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

pregnency is not the time teach a wife about boldness or anything else in the world.During pregnency women get into all emotional which typically will not have in other days.So don't try to teach her how she needs to be confident now.

3 people like this.
  4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

call her often
    visit every weekend
    do video chats
    get her all help in case of emergency or otherwise
    on her hospital visits ,be there

3 people like this.
  5. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Try to give donation for school to get admission. It is not impossible to get admission in primary school (middle of the year). These days in India many families move even at middle of the year. There should be a way to get admission.

Or you can opt for middle standard school till this year end and put some extra effort at home to maintain the standard.

2 people like this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

you mustn't be persecuted for aiming high and striving to reach your full potential. Don't be guilty. Do gently say that she'd be glad you took this job one day. Yes. Pregnant wife and all that; but you aren't running away from your wife. Just attribute her negative mood to her pregnancy hormones and keep saying your sweet nothings. The trouble you will get into if you didn't will be worse!

Call, Skype, chat, mail but do give her some space too. Just keep reassuring her that you are confident she will rise to the occasion. Don't baby her; IMO that will only make her act like an unreasonable child. If you have friends who can rally around in case she needs help, talk to them and request favours. And plan surprise trips to visit her over weekends...

Do remember your son too...

3 people like this.
  7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Hey congrats for your new job.

If the money is good then fly back over weekends, give surprise visits, order her fav food online, spend quality time, ask her how was her day, if maids were helpful.
    Her anger is justified but request her to let it go, for the health of child and a better future ahead... .she might be feeling in a cage and you out of it, so bear with her for few days. Keep sending msgs.

Assist your son in his h/w on skype, ask him how was his day and if he needs anything.

You'll have to prove your availability to her.

4 people like this.
  8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

keep on with sms,she may say they are lies but secretly she love the attention,visit her,try to take long leave for Diwali.

1 person likes this.
  9. PadmalathaK

PadmalathaK Senior IL'ite

My husband was away during my pregnancy(it was my first pregnancy), but he made sure he spoke to me whenever possible, he was very caring, affectionate, found out about how i was feeling, whether i took my meds on time. He sent me a meal planner for every week which included healthy and nutritious food.During the weekends, he would cook for me, and help me with chores. We would have video chats with me every evening, and all in all he was very supportive of me even though he was away.He could not attend any midwife appointments, but made sure of attending the scans and he was very excited about them.
    Try to visit your wife during weekends, support her in everyway possible.
    Regards,
    Padmalatha.K